IGNORED

Now I've seen it all!! TSS

LanceinNJ

3 inch #4 Remington Nitro= turkey cutlets every time

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

• 1 month later...

Yeah, the price of these loads is ridiculous. I can see maybe using them on Turkey since you may only shoot I or 2 shells a year after patterning. What I DON'T get is guys using them on high volume goose hunts. Wasting that kind of money on birds that are borderline edible doesn't work for me. I get good enough results with BB or BBB out of my 3.5" 12 ga with "cheap" steel shot. 

Edited by archer36

It especially doesn't make sense in NJ where the legal minimum shot size is 7 1/2.  The #7 is just wasted excess energy with a lower pellet count.    Now TSS in #9 is a different story as you can get great patterns and still plenty of energy with the 9.  Either way a waste but makes a lot more sense for the #9, especially in 20 gauge.

5 hours ago, Haskell_Hunter said:

Because my hunting spot is close to homes, I've been turkey hunting with a bow the past few years.  Lots of fun, and it's a lot cheaper than buying turkey loads.

How is it Cheaper ??

arrows are about 7/10 bucks a piece, and even cheap heads are 3/5 with many being 13 bucks a head.

tons of turkey loads out there for under 2 bucks a shot

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

22 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

How is it Cheaper ??

arrows are about 7/10 bucks a piece, and even cheap heads are 3/5 with many being 13 bucks a head.

tons of turkey loads out there for under 2 bucks a shot

I can shoot the same arrow more than once, that was what I was implying.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

17 minutes ago, Haskell_Hunter said:

I can shoot the same arrow more than once, that was what I was implying.

but shooting them at turkeys they get damaged more often than not.

so chance of breakage if probably.

BUT its def more fun having them so close you can see the spit

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

5 hours ago, MikeStaten said:

It especially doesn't make sense in NJ where the legal minimum shot size is 7 1/2.  The #7 is just wasted excess energy with a lower pellet count.    Now TSS in #9 is a different story as you can get great patterns and still plenty of energy with the 9.  Either way a waste but makes a lot more sense for the #9, especially in 20 gauge.

Well that sucks . Was at Cabelas on Sunday and picked up a box of Browning TSS in 7/9 blend just to try out . Never thought about it not being legal .  Hell I'm paying $45 for three mechanical broadheads so what's the big deal spending $38 for 5 shells .  

Guys think nothing of spending $25 for an arrow/broadhead setup.

$60 for a box sounds steep, Cabelas has them for $30-$48 plus shipping. https://www.cabelas.com/product/FEDERAL-PREMIUM-TSS-TURKEY-PER-RD/2685621.uts?slotId=0

These shells are for guys who want to up their game, and take 50 yard shots. Not everyone's cup of tea, but if you have the right gear, why not? HeviShot isn't offering their rebate anymore, so in all likelihood, I'll switch over to TSS next year. You don't use these shells for patterning, they're for hunting and most times you'll only need one.

Catch & release is for guys who don't know how to cook. :cook:

The sport isn't cheap anymore. Nothing is. Why complain about a $5 bullet when the gun can cost 1k and the scope just as much. 

Bows are the same way....modern bow all set up will be 1500-2k. And I'm being generous. Why complain about a 10$ arrow and 15$ broadhead. 

And don't even get me started on fishing gear! Lol