IGNORED

Now I've seen it all!! TSS

LanceinNJ

So I'm browsing another site, and I see guys singing the praises of TSS. So I do a quick search for Federal TSS, and low and behold a bigger and better turkey load. Get this though. $60.00/5 Pack. Are you kidding me?? I'm all for a better mouse trap, but cmon people they're effing birds. Call em within reasonable distance and pull the trigger. Jesus my dads killed a million birds and still shoots 2 3/4" 5 shot. It's not rocket science. Just my rant for the day.

I tend to agree. I have been shooting 2 3/4 inch out of my shotguns from the 50’s and 60’s for a little over 20 years and I have never had any issues or needed anymore to kill a turkey.

is there better? Yes. Do I need it? Nope I have never wished my turkeys were any deader after I pull the trigger

1 hour ago, Trophy8 said:

IMO...all a bunch of market BS. Never have changed ...Federal 3" 1 7/8 #5  or 3" Winchester 1 3/4 # 4....No bird has survived 40yds and under. Could shoot past 50yds.....just never found a reason to do so. Using my old goose gun...Rem 870, 30".  

I started with a 30” full 35 years ago and man that thing threw some serious shot. My current 1300 is the best turkey gun I’ve ever owned shooting 3” Winchester Supreme 5’s. It puts them to sleep quick. 

Edited by Lanceinpa

54 minutes ago, Lanceinpa said:

I started with a 30” full 35 years ago and man that thing threw some serious shot. My current 1300 is the best turkey gun I’ve ever owned shooting 3” Winchester Supreme 5’s. It puts them to sleep quick. 

Yup and the 30" full Rem 870 still can do it...:up:

3 hours ago, vdep217 said:

I've tried the havi shot and the blends.   All of my turkey guns like the long beard..  5s in pump 6s in auto 3.5 and 5s in my 3inch auto..  I do want to try 4s

Yes, Long Beard.  It's tight enough for me right out of my old,  full choke, 30",  870 Wingmaster. Love it.

Edited by Nomad