MikeHunter

Best Hunting flashlights

Lots of great lights out there . 

Hardest part is actually seeing the lumens spread .

Some lights claim too be way stronger than what they are . Only meeting their quoted number on a thumb tack. 

Other meet their numbers totally in a flood .

Wal-Mart sold  an Ozark trail rechargeable  light that was 750 lumens that  would entirely light a 100 yard field.

walking in I only use a green cap light .

trailing a deer at night 

I'm using this intense cree light now when I need a flashlight 

It lights up the mountain

Screenshot_20190212-102456.png

Edited by hammer4reel

Streamlight rechargeable strion I think it’s called.... they even make different different color caps to pop on and off. Sneak into the stand with green or red then blood trail with the white light. It’s like it’s a bright Sunny day and it really makes the blood pop off the leaves

25 minutes ago, CatchinDeers243 said:

Streamlight rechargeable strion I think it’s called.... they even make different different color caps to pop on and off. Sneak into the stand with green or red then blood trail with the white light. It’s like it’s a bright Sunny day and it really makes the blood pop off the leaves

I agree. I've been using Streamlights for years. They are great. The battery on a full charge will last over 7 hours. I use them every day for work and never had an issue with them. I've accidentally dropped them off of roofs and had them land on concrete and they still worked. The bulbs will last 50,000 hours and the rechargeable battery sticks will generally last 3 to 5 years before changing. The switches are guaranteed for life. They are the best in my opinion. 

You really can't go wrong with the Energizer HD headlamp at Home Depot. Something like 400 lumens and has red light as well.

I rely on this cheaper rayovac, and have a bigger coast 1100+ lumen flashlight in the truck if needed.  I have a small coast also. But the rayovac is much brighter with a low setting that's perfect for walking in, and the switch on it has always made a good contact while the coast had failed to make a good contact.  They don't have to be expensive to be good. 

15499979480256387115301610087768.jpg

When I need to go in hands-free I use this little headlamp which throws a good amount of light, nice and bright:  Cabela's Alaskan Guide Series® QUL Headlamps by Princeton Tec

When it's a search mission in really thick stuff I use the medium size flashlight from a 3-pack of Feit's flashlights which lights up the area very well.  They are/were available in Costco and Amazon for $30.00.  Great flashlights bright white LED lights with great battery life.  The largest one in the pack can be used to knock out an intruder.  This is a 3-pack of the gray flashlights.  Anyone interested I can give model # on them.  Very happy with both.

I have a sure fire p3x fury. Love it. Not too big & super bright. Strongly recommend it.

If you're looking for a Great headlamp, look at the black diamond icon....lifetime warranty & super bright.

I'm a flashlight junky.. Technology has come a long was so hear are my thoughts..

I have 4 streamlights 3 surefires and this year I bought an Aidisun.. Well they are all great but the Aidisun will blow them both away. First their half the cost. 2nd they have 3 modes for brightness.. 3rd I lost mine this year as I left it on my ATV heading out of the woods..  A friend of mine and myself both ran it over with our Sportsmens 5 of 6 times and found it the next day. It was all banged up but works perfect.

And if you want something to light up the woods like daytime on mode 3 this thing is sick. Buy one and send your feedback. Amazon has them for 25 bucks and up...

I have this one in my truck just in case. It is extremely bright and if needed big enough to defend myself with, or even finish wounded animal:shock::happywave:

FD1A81BA-1493-46EB-92DB-C357F7273FB7.jpeg

Edited by Lunatic

I’m always buying flashlights , even bought another one after reading this post.

have to say some of the lights posted guys think are very good means they haven’t had a GOOD  flashlight to compare to.

streamlight and surefire make a quality product . (Have few of each ) but they don’t compare to many better lights out there.

my comparison would be they light like a candle , and today there are lights that light like a torch .

lumens is actually a bad comparison number also .

as some lights have intense lighting throughout their cast .

some have little side light and are only intense in a very small area .

for blood trailing i like a light that is an intense flood ,, keeping its light even for a good distance to each side .

pinpoint lights easily allow you to miss blood drops the lights not right on .

as a another poster stated, you want all those drops to pop.

you need even light for that to happen .

we get a good dark night I will try and take some pics showing those differences.