I’ve heard a plenty of different reviews about hunting flashlights in the equipment, but not all of them help determine the choice for yourself. Often, the owners of such devices recommend others to buy what worked for them, and this cannot suit everyone. Each has its own model of weapons, which requires special mounts. In addition, there are personal preferences for appearance and functionality.

The market and the Internet are filled with a huge number of similar tactical lights, among which a novice like me can be confused. But I’ve come to the conclusion that certain knowledge is needed to confidently navigate in this diversity. Each hunting flashlight has a certain number of signs and characteristics that must be of a decent level in order not to create difficulties in hunting. And it is better to know more before buying something for yourself, at least I’m trying to do this.

I lose them too quickly so I buy cheap head lamps at home depot and never had a need for anything better.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

I use Streamlight flashlights for work and hunting. They are awesome and have great customer service. Plus, they are made in PA. 

• Like 1

There is a flashlight 🔦 nut on here he will give you some advice as soon as he sees this post 

• Haha 1

I don't over think my flashlight. I have a handful of the cheap zoomable tactical that you get on Amazon. I leave a couple in my truck and carry one in my bag with a set of extra batteries.

I kinda have a flashlight problem (at least my wife thinks it's a problem) and I own tons. I have Streamlights, Fenix, Mags, Pelican, and Surefires. I have handhelds, headlamps, key chain lights, etc.. Over the years of using and abusing my lights , nothing stands up like a Surefire. I use my lights for hunting, fishing, camping, and at work. IMO Surefire makes the most dependable, longest lasting, solid light on the market today. 

Edited by Hunter115522
  • Like 2

I used to use a tiny pen light Green by Streamlight to walk in and out. I use very little light most of the time. Only to not get shot by others 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Hunter115522 said:

I kinda have a flashlight problem (at least my wife thinks it's a problem) and I own tons. I have Streamlights, Fenix, Mags, Pelican, and Surefires. I have handhelds, headlamps, key chain lights, etc.. Over the years of using and abusing my lights , nothing stands up like a Surefire. I use my lights for hunting, fishing, camping, and at work. IMO Surefire makes the most dependable, longest lasting, solid light on the market today. 

And here is that nut :rofl:

• Haha 2

Look at the Lumens. Home Depot, Lowes, BJ's, Costco. You can get bright lights pretty cheap. Multi packs. I keep small ones in my packs and bigger ones in the truck. Keep multiples of each. You never know when you need help or have to help a friend track a deer and you only have one small flashlight between you. 

I should add, if you don't want to spend top dollar on Surefires, the brand Fenix makes some excellent (and rechargeable) lights for some pretty decent prices. 

• Like 1

I have a assortment, ozark trail, mag, bushnell,and a couple hand held rechargeable spot lights all from Walmart and all do the trick 

• Like 1