IGNORED

Alaska

YurytheRed

I've been to Alaska twice. Once with Celebrity cruise line with my family and then on a Dall Sheep hunt in the Alaska range near Mt. Denali.  They were two of my favorite trips but for obviously different reasons.  I'm not big into cruises but there is something about sitting on your ships balcony with a set of binos and see moose, mountain goats, bear, seals, sea otters, whales, eagles etc.   Did a float plane trip to a glacier fed river, fresh salmon.  Just an awesome family vacation.  Definitely get a room with a balcony for the cruise.  The Dall sheep hunt speaks for itself.

sheep hunt 2015 Alaska 036.JPG

sheep hunt 2015 Alaska 024.JPG

sheep hunt 2015 Alaska 010.JPG

5 minutes ago, newjerseyhunter said:

Question for the guys who fished, did you bring your catch back with you? If so, did the charter set it up for you or did you have to do it yourself? Thanks.

When I went we took the fish to a packing place and they cleaned up all of it and vacuumed sealed it, packaged it for the flight home and froze it. They had it all set and ready for the day we were flying home. Brought back on the plane as regular baggage. Stayed frozen till we got home  

44 minutes ago, Rutting Buck said:

X7 on my first trip we fished Cresent Lake and it is a beautiful place to sockeye fish

Rutting Buck, you might be confused. There are no Salmon runs to this Crescent Lake. I believe the one you fished was southwest of Anchorage and the Cook Inlet in the Lake Clark National Park . 

8 hours ago, _X7 said:

Rutting Buck, you might be confused. There are no Salmon runs to this Crescent Lake. I believe the one you fished was southwest of Anchorage and the Cook Inlet in the Lake Clark National Park . 

X7 I’m positive I fished crescent lake and caught sockeyes and giant lake trout. Alaska air west fly us out there with a guide for the day to fish. We were in the Kenai peninsula 

"Your short on ears and long on mouth"

9 hours ago, newjerseyhunter said:

Question for the guys who fished, did you bring your catch back with you? If so, did the charter set it up for you or did you have to do it yourself? Thanks.

yep, just like John said, or your guide can take care of it. We brought Halibut and King salmon back. We saw lots of hunters with coolers coming out of Kodiak airport.

1 hour ago, Rutting Buck said:

X7 I’m positive I fished crescent lake and caught sockeyes and giant lake trout. Alaska air west fly us out there with a guide for the day to fish. We were in the Kenai peninsula 

I'm sure you did fish Crescent Lake, but not the same Crescent Lake that I did is what I'm saying. I fished the one in the Chugach National Forest while you fished the one in The Lake Clark National Forest area. You fished above the Crescent River on the penninsulaKenai  that allows the salmon to get to the lake. The one that I fished has no outlet to the bay.

cl.jpg

cr.jpg

crcl.jpg

52 minutes ago, Sugar said:

Never mind.. just checked my pics...they just look the same.... also looks like your scope kissed your forehead..

1FD9E4DB-2D30-4509-8FD9-1C6C1AB693D8.jpeg

Mike Litzen was the outfitter.  Yeah the scope gave me a little peck on the forehead.  Shooting up hill with ram fever will do that. LOL

10 hours ago, _X7 said:

I'm sure you did fish Crescent Lake, but not the same Crescent Lake that I did is what I'm saying. I fished the one in the Chugach National Forest while you fished the one in The Lake Clark National Forest area. You fished above the Crescent River on the penninsulaKenai  that allows the salmon to get to the lake. The one that I fished has no outlet to the bay.

cl.jpg

cr.jpg

crcl.jpg

Thanks for the education X7 I didn't know there was 2 Cresent Lakes in Alaska

"Your short on ears and long on mouth"

51 minutes ago, Rutting Buck said:

Thanks for the education X7 I didn't know there was 2 Cresent Lakes in Alaska

I got a bit of an education, too, Rutting Buck.  Alaska is a special place that all should visit at least once in their lifetime.

Edited by _X7