YurytheRed

Alaska

We booked a Princess Cruise a couple of summers ago.  Cruised through the inner passage- Juneau, Ketchikan and Skagway and Whittier. Salmon Fishing, rafted down Chilkat river and saw more eagles than I did in my life  and helicoptered to Mendenhall Glacier.  Then we rented a car and drove to Denali and did some hiking. One of the best vacations we’ve taken. Highly recommend it. Perhaps one of these days we’ll go back to hunt.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Merkel said:

We booked a Princess Cruise a couple of summers ago.  Cruised through the inner passage- Juneau, Ketchikan and Skagway and Whittier. Salmon Fishing, rafted down Chilkat river and saw more eagles than I did in my life  and helicoptered to Mendenhall Glacier.  Then we rented a car and drove to Denali and did some hiking. One of the best vacations we’ve taken. Highly recommend it. Perhaps one of these days we’ll go back to hunt.

Very similar to what we did. We did the helicopter to the Glacier too.

Eagles were like crows there

No rafting

Edited by Buck154
  • Like 2

Mrs. Putz & I did the cruise last year on Princess, 7 days Seattle to Seattle. Definitely a good time, always wanted to see what the cruise thing was like. We wasted a day in Seattle seeing the sites there, I was there 20 years ago, liked it way more the first time. As expected, it rained a lot and most of the excursion trips were touristy, but it is what it is, still interesting. Food was good, plenty of it, and plenty to do on the boat. That said, if I ever go back, I'll fly to Anchorage, bypass the cruise ship,rent a car, see Denali, and spend 3 or 4 days fishing. I did try and set up a charter in Ketchikan on the cruise but the captain bailed on me, thank God I didn't give him a deposit.

Edited by Stan Putz

When I retired 8 years ago - I took my family on a celebratory Alaskan cruse. A great vacation site for sure.

IMG_1346.jpg

IMG_0743.jpg

IMG_0802.jpg

IMG_0803.jpg

IMG_0852.jpg

IMG_1062.jpg

• Like 5

I know the state very well. I have fished or hunted many parts if it including living there over 13 years. There have been some small changes but if you post the rough dates you are thinking I can help you out with the historic salmon runs. Good luck in your search. I am going in July this year to a floating cabin with a couple boats this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

As always great advice. I always appreciate the efforts. The one thing this thread has reaffirmed for me, I'm a boring guy. You guys get around...

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, hammer4reel said:

Icy bay lodge .

Worth every penny .

31938D2C-153B-4268-BC10-E568B610B7D6.jpeg

EF4EE3A3-6C94-40A4-91CC-66E8B8B5BAF3.jpeg

5A0F07D2-147E-4C97-8916-792CC85C0105.jpeg

50316AC3-EB55-4535-8FA1-D9FBC2B783F9.jpeg

8556A733-F5D1-47DD-936C-9D5FC2AF2FC2.jpeg

24E32B3A-A899-41C0-8E41-4FF3F631DD7D.jpeg

00FF7775-AB9F-4D43-81B7-7D17E1D0BD91.jpeg

500DB1EB-C92D-46E3-8C5B-6D95DFB25EC5.jpeg

249C1A1A-3BBA-47A9-A2A4-DE757DDF1CCB.jpeg

That's the tip I want to go on 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stewey said:

That's the tip I want to go on 

I wanna go every year .

and more than likely it will become that .

will give up one of my weekly hunting trips to do it .

best get away from the daily grind I ever did .

and the fishing is just unreal.

post with a lot more pics here in bottom fishing section titled

Bottom fishing paradise

• Like 3