IGNORED

Alaska

YurytheRed

Awesome. That's what I say about a trip there...Awesome

My wife and I did a week long Cruise from British Columbia to  Seward Alaska. Then had a rental car for a week and stayed a couple B&B. The scenery is amazing. Best trip we have ever done. Oh coarse I had to get a Halibut trip in while there too. We said it would be a once in a life time trip but we want to go back again sooner or later. I will post some pictures for you.

20160629_161232.jpg

Edited by Buck154

17 minutes ago, Buck154 said:

Awesome. That's what I say about a trip there...Awesome

My wife and I did a week long Cruise from British Columbia to  Seward Alaska. Then had a rental car for a week and stayed a couple B&B. The scenery is amazing. Best trip we have ever done. Oh coarse I had to get a Halibut trip in while there too. We said it would be a once in a life time trip but we want to go back again sooner or later. I will post some pictures for you.

Thanks 

I went to alaska for two weeks and did one week of DIY fly-in fishing float trip for king salmon, trout etc..  the other week was spent on the kenai peninsula fishing the kenai and russian rivers and seward.  Cruise is probably great but to me a cruise to alaska is like bringing a kid to a playground and only letting him look through the fence.  I'd fly up there and then do some trips while you are there.  You can do some DIY to save money and some with guides.  If interested in a trip like that id be happy to help.  

9 minutes ago, MikeStaten said:

I went to alaska for two weeks and did one week of DIY fly-in fishing float trip for king salmon, trout etc..  the other week was spent on the kenai peninsula fishing the kenai and russian rivers and seward.  Cruise is probably great but to me a cruise to alaska is like bringing a kid to a playground and only letting him look through the fence.  I'd fly up there and then do some trips while you are there.  You can do some DIY to save money and some with guides.  If interested in a trip like that id be happy to help.  

Very kind thank you. My wife desires "luxury" and a cruise seems my destiny. Her idea of fishing is selecting from the frozen food isle. I agree with you 100%, the best way is more of an independent trip.  Thanks 

Wife and I honeymooned in Alaska. Stayed in Anchorage one night and ate the biggest King crab legs I ever had, then flew down to Kodiak Island and stayed at a bed and breakfast for one night before flying down in a float plane to the interior just off Karluck bay and Amook island to stay at a remote cabin. Muncies bear camp was not too far. We caught and ate flounder and salmon from the Shelikov straight, tracked a Grizzly and even got some video of him. Eagles and Sitka deer everywhere. Later we flew out to Seldovia and stayed there a few nights doing some hiking around the area. Awesome adventure.

1 hour ago, Buck154 said:

We did our cruise from Vancouver to Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway, Icy Strait, hubbard Glacier to Seward Alaska. 

20160619_075717_001.jpg

20160622_091740.jpg

20160625_120917.jpg

20160624_084646.jpg

Great shots. Thanks for posting. You my friend have a keeper ( not the fish!) My bride would hike any mountain but when it comes to food if it is not frozen, packaged, served or pre-cooked it's not happening. 

27 minutes ago, YurytheRed said:

Great shots. Thanks for posting. You my friend have a keeper ( not the fish!) My bride would hike any mountain but when it comes to food if it is not frozen, packaged, served or pre-cooked it's not happening. 

Yes she is. My wife love to go on cruises so "happy wife,,,,happy life"

I would rather do all the other stuff hunting and fishing but I have to keep her happy too. Any place we go on a cruise or vacation I will be doing some fishing no matter what. Next time I want to do more fishing there. By the way she caught the biggest Halibut :shock:.  I did a little fishing in the Kenai River. Caught trout

20160629_144034.jpg

20160629_135208.jpg

20160628_203441.jpg

Edited by Buck154