Nothing wrong with that buck. Ive hunted there many times and seen what guys are shooting. Id say the average was probably 135 to 140 inches and probably a little smaller in Shockeys camps. The best I could do on 6 trips was a 160 and my last trip passed a buck probably in the 160s holding for a booner. I never saw one hunting there. Ive seen several booners taken, one over 200. They are not behind every tree.

$5 TO 6 grand for a hunt, guys feel entitled to kill something.

Belive it or not, I see bigger bucks in the midwest. Thats why I made the move. Ive seen 3 legit booners in Illinois in the last 9 years. 

Nice work

Edited by tcook8296
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, tcook8296 said:

Nothing wrong with that buck. Ive hunted there many times and seen what guys are shooting. Id say the average was probably 135 to 140 inches and probably a little smaller in Shockeys camps. The best I could do on 6 trips was a 160 and my last trip passed a buck probably in the 160s holding for a booner. I never saw one hunting there. Ive seen several booners taken, one over 200. They are not behind every tree.

Belive it or not, I see bigger bucks in the midwest. Thats why I made the move. Ive seen 3 legit booners in Illinois in the last 9 years. 

Nice work

Exactly. Just check the record books and it will reveal this. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tcook8296 said:

Hunting Canada for twenty years now I've noticed most hunters do not have the discipline to lay off the smaller bucks when they came there to shoot a big one. I would say I ate tag soup on 10 of those hunts. The thought of a 300 pound beast excites me as much as a giant rack.

• Like 1

I'd shot that buck any day of the week. Great looking mount jay

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1