Woodsman416

Checked Out New Bows at Harrisburg

1 hour ago, Nomad said:

Did you shoot any of the Striker recurves? Nice, slim, light bows.  I shot a few of them. 

I did shoot ALL the striker bows.  I almost bought a 58” longbow he had that I was shooting lights out with.  There sight windows are short for my shooting style (I had to cant their bows) so I passed.

• Like 1

I've never made it to that show but a friend did. I'm not a bow hunter but truly appreciated those who can use them and hunt with them. He showed me many amazing bows and one funky crossbow that was the size of an AR, shot out to 100 yards accurately and cost about $2000 which I found fascinating not just for the cost but the technology. 

3 hours ago, Gobblengrunt said:

There sight windows are short for my shooting style (I had to cant their bows) so I passed

You don’t cant your bow at all? That is very interesting. Without cant you have no issues from a tree stand?

I was also there on Friday also, shot one of the new Prime bows and was very impressed. I'm normally a Mathews guy but when I make my next bow purchase I'll be considering a Prime. 

• Like 1

I was also there on Friday also, shot one of the new Prime bows and was very impressed. I'm normally a Mathews guy but when I make my next bow purchase I'll be considering a Prime. 
Ya. I shot it too and was impressed. If you want to check it out more stop by and see Dominick at Woodbridge Arms and Archery
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, kenny10177 said:
2 hours ago, Hunter115522 said:

Ya. I shot it too and was impressed. If you want to check it out more stop by and see Dominick at Woodbridge Arms and Archery

Thanks for the info Ken. I didn't know he sold Primes. 

Did you shoot any of the Striker recurves? Nice, slim, light bows.  I shot a few of them. 

I did. $800-$1500. I’ve been talking to those guys for a few years. I just can’t stop kicking the tires because of price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Farmshine said:

I did. $800-$1500. I’ve been talking to those guys for a few years. I just can’t stop kicking the tires because of price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice bows if you have to have one.  I shoot just as well with a 2 or 300 dollar used bow.

20 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Nice bows if you have to have one.  I shoot just as well with a 2 or 300 dollar used bow.

I hear that, but admittedly with the recurve I am a 20yd and under guy. Probably am not good enough to appreciate the difference a pricey bow may offer

1 hour ago, MGHunter66 said:

I hear that, but admittedly with the recurve I am a 20yd and under guy. Probably am not good enough to appreciate the difference a pricey bow may offer

Good point.  I still paid 850 for a Bear Takedown that I shoot poorly though. lol

• Like 1