Buck154

2/11 Fresh snow hunt

Anyone out this morning? Nice fresh 1" or so of snow last night would make for a nice sit. Hope the snow is still here in the afternoon, then I will go sit. Love seeing the deer in the snow. 

• Like 7

It's nice out, had no idea we were even getting snow.  Still falling lightly here, 2-3" since last night.

• Like 2

Hunting in the snow is the best. I have been plowing since 10 last night, gotta make the money 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, BowhunterNJ said:

It's nice out, had no idea we were even getting snow.  Still falling lightly here, 2-3" since last night.

Yeah more on the south side than north. When I left this morning at 4:30 there was about 1.5-2" home but up here in Mercer and Middlesex Co only a dusting

It's a great tracking snow. I found myself following mink tracks this morning. Best part is the tracks will be gone soon when it warms up. 

• Like 1

I'm heading down shortly to check my cameras and put out some feed and then hunt on Wednesday. 

• Like 2

Nope, nothing here.  Taking trees down today and hope to get out later for sheds before the storm tomorrow.  8 or more  coming.

• Like 1

Cool thing about winter tracks.Don't follow em forward,follow em backward to where they came,may come back!

• Like 1

I have the day off today because I'm dealing with a heating oil remediation at my house . While the Barco crew is working, I'm mounting a snow plow frame on my 4 wheeler. They should be done in about an hour and maybe I'll head out this afternoon and sit in a stand hoping for a buck still carrying both sides to stroll by. My odds aren't very good but at least I'll be in the woods.

• Like 3

I have a few hours now to  hunt for sheds.  Would like to find at least one side from the big 8pt., but it's like trying to hook a trout on stocking day for me. 

• Like 3