archer36

Very Disturbing

The old saying: "It's a spending problem not a earnings problem" looks to be truer than ever.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/you-feel-so-overwhelmed-fed-reports-dollar1-trillion-increase-in-debt/ar-BBTnRPT?ocid=spartanntp

Between personal and government debt, you wonder how we are ever going to get out from under it. 

I'm glad to say I am debt free. I could have easily been on the other side. 

Edited by archer36
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Haskell_Hunter said:

You hoo!  You can’t see this!  :rofl:

he couldn't take uncomfortable facts anymore ?

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1

You are spot on right.  If we stay out of needless wars and just cut govt expenditures we could be in a lot better shape. 

A measly 3% cut in expenditures saves $114 billion.  A 3% growth rate in the economy = $340 billion in extra economic activity.  I'll take the spending cuts. 

7 minutes ago, stratocaster said:

You are spot on right.  If we stay out of needless wars and just cut govt expenditures we could be in a lot better shape. 

A measly 3% cut in expenditures saves $114 billion.  A 3% growth rate in the economy = $340 billion in extra economic activity.  I'll take the spending cuts. 

Agreed. It's where the cuts will take place gives rise to all the B.S. The personal level of debt is disturbing too. 

Edited by archer36
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, stratocaster said:

When a nation spends more on servicing it's debt then defense, game over.

16 minutes ago, Haskell_Hunter said:

He is a silly liberal. A true patriot. I'm okay f-you...

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, archer36 said:

The old saying: "It's a spending problem not a earnings problem" looks to be truer than ever.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/you-feel-so-overwhelmed-fed-reports-dollar1-trillion-increase-in-debt/ar-BBTnRPT?ocid=spartanntp

Between personal and government debt, you wonder how we are ever going to get out from under it. 

I'm glad to say I am debt free. I could have easily been on the other side. 

Yeah but your home girl AOC wants medicare for all, and to be net zero in carbon emissions, so how exactly is that article relevant? 

1 minute ago, archer36 said:

Agreed. It's where the cuts will take place gives rise to all the B.S. The personal level of debt is disturbing too. 

Yes, but as you indicated, you're debt free.  A lot of personal debt is the result of people wanting things they can't afford and making totally stupid decisions.  It's not easy but practicing delayed gratification is a good tool to getting ahead economically.  Everyone wants to drive the newest hottest truck/car, buy the nicest boat, newest bow, computer, phone etc...

If you are living off your own dime and funding your own retirement yourself, then you are forced to make different choices.  Personal responsibility goes a long way to living debt free or debt less.

• Agree 2

11 minutes ago, MZ7Extreme said:

Yeah but your home girl AOC wants medicare for all, and to be net zero in carbon emissions, so how exactly is that article relevant? 

Why does everything become partisan attacks? I did not place blame on one or another, just relaying information so people can start to wonder WHY in a time of great economic conditions (last 7 years or so) are "we" still in debt? Is it spending, or maybe it's not as good as the politicians would have you think? 

AS far as AOC, people like to make her the poster child for Democrats.  She does not speak for the Democratic Party. She is as much as Steven King is a poster child for Conservatives. Nancy Pelosi is happy though. LOL

Edited by archer36
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, stratocaster said:

Yes, but as you indicated, you're debt free.  A lot of personal debt is the result of people wanting things they can't afford and making totally stupid decisions.  It's not easy but practicing delayed gratification is a good tool to getting ahead economically.  Everyone wants to drive the newest hottest truck/car, buy the nicest boat, newest bow, computer, phone etc...

If you are living off your own dime and funding your own retirement yourself, then you are forced to make different choices.  Personal responsibility goes a long way to living debt free or debt less.

Yes. I am "older" and should be. My concern is with the youth. If I didn't pay for my kids (3) education, they would have been in a lot of debt too. Mortgage, cars, student loans, etc. 

• Haha 1

Just now, archer36 said:

Why does everything become partisan attacks? I did not place blame on one or another, just relaying information so people can start to wonder WHY in a time of great economic conditions (last 7 years or so) are "we" still in debt? Is it spending, or maybe it's not as good as the politicians would have you think? 

AS far as AOC, people like to make her the poster child for Democrats.  She is as much as Steven King is for Conservatives. Nancy Pelosi is happy though. LOL

You stating you are debt free has what to do with any of the article?

The article states that "nearly $1.6 trillion student loans; and $1 trillion in consumer credit mostly from credit cards."

The student loans are from voters like you who allow everyone to pursue a college degree even when they are not college material because you bred them to think that college equates to getting a great paying job which is total BS. Your vote was for people to open up the .gov as a lender of debt and the colleges work close to the .gov because it is one in the same ilk.

The more money the .gov allows to be borrowed the more the colleges raise the tuition.

It is a joke... Then you raise the children with delusional thoughts of you can be whatever you want so they go to college and get a useless degree and say I went to college I deserve this high paying job!

No more .gov lending of money for college, Problem solved, the colleges will have to lower prices because at the prices now it is not affordable to most.

As for credit card debt, this is an easy fix, stop issuing them to everyone. If you want a credit card you must prove your debt to income like buying a house and according to that you get a credit card with a max amount of $2000. Not multiple cards with credit limits from 5k to 50k.

This until we teach the people to live within their means again.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, MZ7Extreme said:

You stating you are debt free has what to do with any of the article?

The article states that "nearly $1.6 trillion student loans; and $1 trillion in consumer credit mostly from credit cards."

The student loans are from voters like you who allow everyone to pursue a college degree even when they are not college material because you bred them to think that college equates to getting a great paying job which is total BS. Your vote was for people to open up the .gov as a lender of debt and the colleges work close to the .gov because it is one in the same ilk.

The more money the .gov allows to be borrowed the more the colleges raise the tuition.

It is a joke... Then you raise the children with delusional thoughts of you can be whatever you want so they go to college and get a useless degree and say I went to college I deserve this high paying job!

No more .gov lending of money for college, Problem solved, the colleges will have to lower prices because at the prices now it is not affordable to most.

As for credit card debt, this is an easy fix, stop issuing them to everyone. If you want a credit card you must prove your debt to income like buying a house and according to that you get a credit card with a max amount of $2000. Not multiple cards with credit limits from 5k to 50k.

This until we teach the people to live within their means again.

It has to do with the article because I am debt free because I never had big credit card debt and student loans which are very hard to overcome. What's with the "voters like you" B.S.? You can read my mind?  So WHO decides who goes to College and who doesn't deserve it? Your statement is ridiculous. I agree with the concept that as long as there are loans available to all, colleges will keep increasing their tuitions. That too is acceptable under our system.  As far as credit card debt, lots on money to be made by banks on these. It's part of a free capitalist economy. Wait, are you suggesting that GOVERNMENT step in and dictate to Banks and Colleges? That sounds like AOC to me. LOL

Edited by archer36
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, archer36 said:

What's with the "voters like you" B.S.? You can read my mind?  So WHO decides who goes to College and who doesn't deserve it? Your statement is ridiculous. I agree with the concept that as long as there are loans available to all, colleges will keep increasing their tuitions. That too is acceptable under our system.  As far as credit card debt, lots on money to be made by banks on these. It's part of a free capitalist economy. Wait, are you suggesting that GOVERNMENT step in and dictate to Banks and Colleges? That sounds like AOC to me. LOL

Ok in the last 5 elections who did you vote for?

Next I didn't say anything about government involvement but, I am sorry some regulation always needs to happen even in a capitalist society. There is always going to be a need for regulation.

AOC is far from what I speak on. If you leave the Banks (Whether it be private or Federal Reserve which was the biggest dick shoved in the USA's ass by voters like you) and the government to do as they wish you have a enslaved population kind of like we have now.

56 minutes ago, Haskell_Hunter said:

I am dying laughing....

• Haha 1