IGNORED

Hand Guns

YurytheRed

38 minutes ago, Coyoteslayer said:

My heckler koch VP 9mm is my favorite to shoot. My glock 43 is the most comfortable to wear 

Glock 42 will fit in your pocket lol. I have carry permit for PA . So I bought a Garret holster (out of Texas) these holsters are great. Check them out. They are leather lined but "click in". They are phenomenal. With my 42 it's almost non existent on my waist. 

3 hours ago, Kype said:

My go to pistol for the range and home protection is my Glock 42. It's a 380 caliber. It came with a 6 round mag. But I bought the extended 8 round mag. This is great for two reasons. You get 2 more shots. But more importantly it gives you a longer grip. I can shoot this all day. Ammo is cheap. And my God can I hit targets with it. However it does have a break in period and you have to find the right ammo for it. Mine jammed quite a few times when I first got it. Now, it doesn't jam with anything I run through it. I love that little pistol. And don't let people tell you the 380 is for women or that it's not as lethal as a 9mm. That's all bullshit talk. It's kind of like how some guys will say " get a Ford f350 dully man. That's a real mans truck" why? My little v6 pick up works just fine for me.

I have the same pistol with the exact same problem.  The friggin' spring is tighter than a nun's ass.  How long was your break-in period?  I have about 100 rounds through it, and it still likes to stovepipe.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

3 hours ago, Kype said:

My first was a 357 mag with a 6 inch barrel. I was so excited I just couldn't wait to shoot it. Fast forward 3 years and now it doesn't even come out of the safe much only to look at the pretty stainless steel and rose wood grip. 

The I bought a 22 magnum revolver. The SW 351 PD. Look it up, it's a sweet little revolver. I still shoot it often to this day . 22 mag is nice. Has a nice punch to it. But not like the higher magnum calibers. But also doesn't feel like a pea shooter like a 22 lr would feel in a heavy revolver .

My go to pistol for the range and home protection is my Glock 42. It's a 380 caliber. It came with a 6 round mag. But I bought the extended 8 round mag. This is great for two reasons. You get 2 more shots. But more importantly it gives you a longer grip. I can shoot this all day. Ammo is cheap. And my God can I hit targets with it. However it does have a break in period and you have to find the right ammo for it. Mine jammed quite a few times when I first got it. Now, it doesn't jam with anything I run through it. I love that little pistol. And don't let people tell you the 380 is for women or that it's not as lethal as a 9mm. That's all bullshit talk. It's kind of like how some guys will say " get a Ford f350 dully man. That's a real mans truck" why? My little v6 pick up works just fine for me.

I have a 380 as well and I love it but I do not recommend a 380 for a new shooter.   Although a good caliber the compact size of the gun and the force of the round create a snappy recoil that new shooters might not be able to recover from and get frustrated that they can't stay on target..  for the same reason I also do not recommend a compact pistol or a snub nose revolver for new shooter..  full size or the largest you can comfortably hold and control.  

1 minute ago, Haskell_Hunter said:

I have the same pistol with the exact same problem.  The friggin' spring is tighter than a nun's ass.  How long was your break-in period?  I have about 100 rounds through it, and it still likes to stovepipe.

few hundred. i went back to the shop i bought mine from and told them about my problem. they told me to "mag drop the pistol". next time i went shooting. i didnt worry about hitting any target. i just ran as many rounds as i could through it. problem fixed. never jammed again with any thing. at first my 42 liked only powerball. 

im not a gunsmith by any means but i believe the feeding ramp on the 42 needs to be broken in. maybe if your  a gunsmith you could file the ramp down a bit to solve the problem instantly. however the few hundred rounds that kept smoothing out the loading ramp did the trick. 

my 42 never jammed on ejection. only loading on that feeding ramp into the barrel. 

that area of my 42 is now a silver looking color. from all the rounds riding up it. works great now. 

42 minutes ago, Kype said:

Glock 42 will fit in your pocket lol. I have carry permit for PA . So I bought a Garret holster (out of Texas) these holsters are great. Check them out. They are leather lined but "click in". They are phenomenal. With my 42 it's almost non existent on my waist. 

Fits right in the cross draw pocket of my Duluth shoremans fleece lol

6 hours ago, Kype said:

My first was a 357 mag with a 6 inch barrel. I was so excited I just couldn't wait to shoot it. Fast forward 3 years and now it doesn't even come out of the safe much only to look at the pretty stainless steel and rose wood grip. 

The I bought a 22 magnum revolver. The SW 351 PD. Look it up, it's a sweet little revolver. I still shoot it often to this day . 22 mag is nice. Has a nice punch to it. But not like the higher magnum calibers. But also doesn't feel like a pea shooter like a 22 lr would feel in a heavy revolver .

My first was a.357 with a 6 inch barrel, a S&W 686.  Bought it as soon as I could when I turned 21, back in 1985 or so.  Still one of my favorites!

I love revolvers above all guns. But, like others have said, don’t buy a hand cannon unless you have a use for it. They are not enjoyable to shoot and you won’t shoot as much due to the cost and the punishment. I have a Ruger .41 mag I bought as a kid. I’ll never sell it cuz I love it but, I don’t shoot it cuz every shot feels like someone hit you in the nose with a bat. .22’s are great and like someone else mentioned, a .357 is great cuz you can shoot cheap .38’s out of it and put .357’s in it for the night stand. But, shoot some first. Everyone likes something different 

2 minutes ago, megavites said:

I love mine! You can take it apart blind folded. Very accurate and my opinion in 9mm is just as deadly as any round.

I took a home defense course with live fire at Range 14 and double tapped a target. This one will never leave me.

I will try to look at one this week. Thanks for the input.