IGNORED

So who is hunting the last day tomorrow?

Lunatic

2 hours ago, NotJust22s said:

As soon as you open up that doe, those babies will come running out. The season should not run this long.

just make sure you tag the as "antlerless" too before you claim your veal. 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

1 hour ago, Bone collector 85 said:

Its windy out be safe out there

I'm rethinking about going out today. After yesterday with the tree coming down next to me and today's wind, I may hang out with the cats today. 

"The Nation Which Forgets Its Defenders, Will Itself Be Forgotten".

5 hours ago, NotJust22s said:

More than half the fawns are bred every year, but you knew that.

I called fawns yearling and I should have said doe fawns because most by this time are almost a 1 yo.

So you're telling me that half of the fawns are bred? And I was not being a douche, I was giving you more credit than I should have.

Whitetail deer do not reach sexually maturity until they are at least 1 year of age. So them being bred is biologically improbable.

But I digress, happy hunting

Edited by MZ7Extreme

4 hours ago, MZ7Extreme said:

I called fawns yearling and I should have said doe fawns because most by this time are almost a 1 yo.

So you're telling me that half of the fawns are bred? And I was not being a douche, I was giving you more credit than I should have.

Whitetail deer do not reach sexually maturity until they are at least 1 year of age. So them being bred is biologically improbable.

But I digress, happy hunting

Doe fawns are able to breed once they hit a certain weight . Approximately 80 pounds for our area. Here's a link.  https://www.qdma.com/doe-fawns-breed-good-sign/

https://www.qdma.com/doe-fawns-breed-good-sign/

I read this article a long while ago and no where in there dies it give 50% always like notjust22 states, or 100% that Ryan states.

It states you can have 50% of your doe fawns bred in the first year with optimal conditions. In PA its 25% in 2008 and varied from 0-38%.

In all my 5 years and 4 1/2 seasons I have not once seen on camera (I run 15) or on stand or scouting have I seen a doe fawn with (yearling in May) with fawns at any time during the summer.

There was one time I did see this where in August I did see a very small fawn with spots. One time.

The article states it varies from place to place so maybe where these guys hunt they breed 50%-100%, (I'd call qdma and fish and wildlife for these epic numbers) but the areas I have hunted I would say maybe 5-10% get bred.