3Blade

Times have really changed....

LOL yeah snowflakes would be screaming getting harder to find to guns that are not plastic...

• Agree 1

I had the pistol  that shot the rubber bullet heads with greenie stick-um caps.

Remember this? You've seen guns for piece and guns for War but you've never seen guns like these before!

Those WHERE the days!

• Like 1

Even though those commercials were a bit before my time, I do remember similar commercials and toys in the 70's.  

Edited by 3Blade

I've looked at those commercials at least half  dozen times. Must have been a great era to grow up in. Simple times, simple fun. Maybe one phone, one TV, one car and no internet. Kids were always out of the house. Simple times for sure.

• Like 1

Awesome, but today's nerf guns are pretty cool.  They need to make nerf guns that look like the toy guns from the 50's.  I am sure that they would be illegal in NJ.

• Like 1

Good shi-. grew up in the 50s. Never home. always out playing with toy guns or fishing with my buddies. How times have changed!

• Like 1

Back then you had to think and use your imagination to do things, create your own fun. Now kids just push a button.  Sad.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Trophy8 said:

Back then you had to think and use your imagination to do things, create your own fun. Now kids just push a button.  Sad.

I don't find it sad at all.  My normal, well adjusted kids who are well rounded, well read, play outside, etc...will run circles around them later in life and will likely get ahead much faster.  

16 hours ago, YurytheRed said:

I've looked at those commercials at least half  dozen times. Must have been a great era to grow up in. Simple times, simple fun. Maybe one phone, one TV, one car and no internet. Kids were always out of the house. Simple times for sure.

If you allow phones and the internet affect how you're parenting your children, you're simply not a good parent.  The outside world, the pace of life, and the "changing times" are irrelevant-nothing more than excuses.  What matters is what goes on insider the four walls of your own home and the behavior that you model to your children.  If your nose is constantly in your phone, if you live for social media, and you let the "pace of life" get the way of parenting, its your fault, not the outside world's.  

20 minutes ago, Swamp_Yankee said:

I don't find it sad at all.  My normal, well adjusted kids who are well rounded, well read, play outside, etc...will run circles around them later in life and will likely get ahead much faster.  

If you allow phones and the internet affect how you're parenting your children, you're simply not a good parent.  The outside world, the pace of life, and the "changing times" are irrelevant-nothing more than excuses.  What matters is what goes on insider the four walls of your own home and the behavior that you model to your children.  If your nose is constantly in your phone, if you live for social media, and you let the "pace of life" get the way of parenting, its your fault, not the outside world's.  

It's not your children or those brought up in a similar fashion that are going to be or who currently are the problem. Your describing parenting and there is little of that going on these days. Plenty of friendships but little parenting.

• Agree 1