badams14

North Jersey Small Game

Headed out on 2/16 with a buddy who is getting in to hunting. We went out before the holidays and got skunked looking for squirrels. I live in ocean county but he is up in Bergen, will probably try to head up his way to find some game. Anyone have a suggestion on where to head for some squirrels, rabbits or maybe even some birds this time of year up that way? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was looking at Black River and Wild Cat so far. Was thinking black river could hold some rabbits with all those field edges. Wild cat looks to be squirrels only as it might be just wooded ridges.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

You can find both at Black River. Best of luck to you and your friend.

Wildcat ridge is neat.Can't do it no more it's a hike.You go and have at it,nice views!Very popular for hikers.Park in the lot off 513.Should be quiet this time of year.

Thanks to all, we tried Black River last week. Some great looking habitat for all sorts of critters. No luck for us, was some noisy and slippery conditions. Everything was covered in frozen snow or ice, you either slid or crunched your way around.

Squirrel are everywhere.  Time of day matters most.  They are not out all day this time of year.   warmer mornings are a good bet