IGNORED

2018-2019 Button Buck Poll (not shed bucks)

JHbowhunter

I shot this many buttons  

69 members have voted

1. 1. I shot this many button bucks (or having antler < 3")

• I shot no button bucks - I would if given the opportunity
    • I shot no button bucks - I avoid it at all costs
    • One- did it on purpose because I specifically wanted a button buck
    • One - did it because I don't care what the gender is
    • One -did it by accident, but had I known would not have
    • two - did it on purpose because I specifically wanted a button buck
    • two - did it because I don't care what the gender is
    • two - did it by accident, but had I know would not have
    • three or more - did it on purpose because I specifically wanted a button buck
    • three or more - did it because I don't care what the gender is
    • three or more - did it by accident, but had I known would not have

Lets see your button buck tally.   No shame here - it's legal, and it's NJ.  Please count bucks having an antler less than 3" as a button - they might as well be. 

Another poll will be dedicated to shed bucks. 

This poll will be anonymous - I want honest appraisal

Edited by JHbowhunter

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

One ever. Was young, think still when I had a youth license..maybe 14-15? Farmer didn't want anything but does taken. Thought it was a yearling doe. He wasn't too thrilled when I told him lol. Honest mistake, just inexperience and excitement because it was first deer I'd shot completely on my own. I tell you what, it was probably one of the best things that could have happened to me deer hunting and just as a hunter in general. I'll never shoot one again and haven't since.

Just now, Greybeard said:

EAB sucks.  If it wasn't for EAB, I would avoid all antlerless deer.  But, since I had to pass on the biggest buck of my life, and other nice bucks because I hadn't shot a doe yet, the first thing under 3" that gives me a shot is going down.

sort of ironic though - kill a buck to earna-buck, not really what the regs "intend" to do.  I hadn't thought about EAB, I bet most "intentional" button shot, happen in this scenario. 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

44 minutes ago, chenrossi said:

One ever. Was young, think still when I had a youth license..maybe 14-15? Farmer didn't want anything but does taken. Thought it was a yearling doe. He wasn't too thrilled when I told him lol. Honest mistake, just inexperience and excitement because it was first deer I'd shot completely on my own. I tell you what, it was probably one of the best things that could have happened to me deer hunting and just as a hunter in general. I'll never shoot one again and haven't since.

Same thing happened to me. My second year bow hunting I shot one during early season. Probably only the 3rd or 4th deer I shot with a bow at the time. Thought it was a doe until I walked up on it. Felt like someone kicked me in the balls. The old man wasn't happy either. Definitely a hard lesson learned. 

I avoid at all possibles. But i did make a mistake  once early this year. I always look with bino's but I forgot them the one day. Was on a management hunt but still try not to shoot the buttons. Had two of them and I could not tell it was a button till i rub his head.  

There are way to many questions on this survey, should not have been more than 4/5.

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL