IGNORED

Your 2018-2019 DOE harvest poll

JHbowhunter

Antlerless poll - breakdown  

86 members have voted

1. 1. I shot this many doe a deer, a female deers...

33 minutes ago, Buck154 said:

To many for a deer management program :shakehead:

LOL - you must be the "eight". I know you definitely put a hurting on them and know what you were really after.  That park won't be over-browsed anymore thanks to your efforts

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

Shot 2 this year. Doe numbers seem to be doing good by me. A few years ago you'd have 10-15 does a sit with no bucks. Had to pop more than I'm use to but last year I couldn't buy an EAB. Had nothing but bucks walking around. Seems now the ratio is doing pretty good.

1st season in probably over 18 years I didnt shoot a single doe. Usually I shoot 2 or3 does. This year I had a hard time getting my EAB within recurve range. Saw nothing but bucks all sept.
Then I only had does come close while I had a gun or compound and didnt want to waste my doe harvest with those weapons. Wanted to take one with my recurve. But that didnt happen and I dont want to shoot a pregnant doe so I guess that's all she wrote for 2018/19.

http://www.jerseyjaystaxidermy.com

This year 5. Didnt even put a dent in the doe population in my area. Donated 1 to HHH and three to a friends gun club for their game dinner.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

"Don't forget that you're First Marines! Not all the Communists in hell can overrun you!" - Chesty Puller

I can only see three reasons to shoot more than four deer a year.

1.  You are struggling to feed your family

2.  You are hunting in an area where you are REQUIRED to shoot does in order to have permission to hunt the area.

3.  Your are a farmer and trying to reduce the overall population of deer due to crop damage.

Other  than those three reasons it is my humble opinion that you SHOOT TO MANY DEER FOR THE WRONG REASON !

Edited by bushden
SPELL CHECK

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL