IGNORED

Asking for tips on Shed Hunting

Pucknut

I've never gone looking for sheds, but thought I might try this year since I see bucks behind my office fairly often.  The ground behind my office is a mix of meadow type grass and young trees with a couple mature oaks along hedge rows.  Is it best to follow game trails or look for places where antlers would get caught up in vegetation? 

Thanks in advance.  

Bob

I don't specifically look for sheds but when running my dog  I have found them and at all times during the year. I've found them in the woods and in open fields so just walk around and scan the ground in areas where you have seen deer.  Actually this afternoon I am going out to do just that.

I thought, growing old would take longer ! 

I spent most of my money on shotguns and fly rods.  The rest I just wasted.

9 hours ago, Buck154 said:

Where you see them now is where you look :shock:

Between bedding and feeding

You know where I live, and what I see.  I have yet to find a shed since I moved here in 2002.  I don't ever go looking because my mantra is the area is over-pressured as it is, so to me a shed is just not worth it I have my trail cam pics right through end of Feb that gives me my intel for next season.  However - you would think by now I would have found one or the dog would have. 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

27 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

You know where I live, and what I see.  I have yet to find a shed since I moved here in 2002.  I don't ever go looking because my mantra is the area is over-pressured as it is, so to me a shed is just not worth it I have my trail cam pics right through end of Feb that gives me my intel for next season.  However - you would think by now I would have found one or the dog would have. 

It's hard to find spikes, because they lay flat down!:acclaim:

"All men die, not all men really live". WW