IGNORED

NJ HUNTING SEASONS

Do you think restructuring NJ Current seasons should be done to get more hunter participation?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think it’s time NJ restructure the hunting seasons and bag limits

• Yes
    • No

Amazing how guys think they are such great hunters today .

yet more deer where taken during less extended seasons .

6 days of gun season  and a single doe day .

Now it takes 4 months of unlimited seasons to do the same thing , even being allowed to sit over bait .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

3 hours ago, Buckeyes11 said:

Everyone in NJ gets all fired up over the regs every year. Reality is that most of us pack up and head to the Midwest during Nov. Enough said

While I def agree with that.

With just a few changes to our regs here. we could have the kind of bucks here that we are traveling to chase elseware for just a week week or two.

Instead of having the opportunity to chase them all season 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

We have the most assanine backward deer hunting seasons in the country, bar none. The whole system is designed to suck as much money as possible from each and every hunter and confuse the living hell out of anyone not familiar with these god awful laws. From licensing to deer management this state does pretty much nothing right. Sad. 

18 hours ago, Silver Belly62 said:

As much as I like deer hunting the seasons are way too long, JMO.  It would be nice if the gun seasons would end towards the end of Dec and have some type of break before winter bow starting in January or a short break in general before the next season starting etc.  For me I prefer hunting when it's colder out or snow, screw that hot weather shit !

That’s just unfair to gun hunters. You want 6 months for bow and one for gun 

19 hours ago, bucky said:

Please don't turn this into a gun verses bow thing. Bow hunting you are allowed 3 bucks so whats your point? No reply needed, Thanks! Whatever is decided buck limits need to  be dropped, I would be happy with one buck with the bow and one with gun:up:

Why not just two - period?. Why does weapon matter? That to me has been the stupidest most insane reg of all - tying a quota to a weapon. Let us choose when and how we hunt. 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

All I want is to see wildlife managed with real science and quotas and complete disconnection from weapons and seasons. Prove to us it’s not all just a money grab because that is all the stupid permits and weapon specific seasons are. Hammer is also 100% correct about deer needing a break to allow them to re-disburse.  Less is MORE in the long run. 2 bucks a calendar year it should be our choice of weapon. Doe need to be managed as well the word unlimited should never be used.  Public land should NEVER be sharing the same DMZ as private. For example. Say 5 doe a year per deer license in zone 5 and 4 in zone 2. But Whittingham shares both zones 5 and 2. So Whittingham should have its own zone at say two doe a year. I am just using those numbers as example. Ideally herd would be managed by gender and not by antlered or antlerless. If it has balls we must assume the animal chose to be a buck. Can’t identify a button buck or shed buck?  Slow down and study your game before you shoot. It’s not that hard.   

Edited by JHbowhunter

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….