IGNORED

E collars

So I have a question about  e collars. I’m getting ready to purchase a sportdog uplandhunter 1875 for my dog to use in the field and for training. My question is do you use this collar all year long or do you use a separate e collar while at home to correct your dog?  Sounds like a dumb question but I figure someone else has had the same question as me. 

Thanks

"Your short on ears and long on mouth"

I can't remember toning or shocking a dog inside the house, usually the sound of your voice, a growl, or a disapproving look gets the point across.

Sportdog is a good collar and they are sturdy. I don't see any reason why you'd need another e-collar for training in the back yard or if you decide to let the dog off the leash for a supervised run, I just use the same collar.

Catch & release is for guys who don't know how to cook. :cook:

So here is the situation, at home my puppy is in love with eating deer poop. I have done a lot of things to try to discourage the dog from eating deer poop but it still goes for it. I’m going to need a collar for training anyways and was unsure if needed a collar for just at home and one for hunting. Thanks for your input and advice

"Your short on ears and long on mouth"

I use the e-collar when afield only and not around the house.

I still have this one available if you are interested:

https://www.gundogsupply.com/sportdog-sd-1875.html  

Mine was used for 2 seasons and is in excellent condition, just some normal wear on the exterior of the collar components, but works great.

Actually, the collar components are only 1 season old ( don't ask why I backed up over the original collar ).

I upgraded to a GPS unit because of the way my dog hunts,  so I no longer need 2 units.

I am asking $275. 

I live near 6 Flags ~ Great Adventure

If you're interested in it and want to get together to try it out send me a PM.

Edited by RPK0620

I thought, growing old would take longer ! 

I spent most of my money on shotguns and fly rods.  The rest I just wasted.