47 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

Snowflake society is afraid of snowflakes. Pussyfication of America continues.

Not so much pussyfication as it is liability.  Public agencies are terrified of it these days, and rightfully so, because every person who slips and falls, runs their car into a ditch, or gets rear-ended, or whose kid's bus gets into an accident runs straight to an ambulance chaser lawyer who advises them to go for the jugular because municipalities and schools can just raise taxes to settle absurd lawsuits.

34 minutes ago, Swamp_Yankee said:

Not so much pussyfication as it is liability.  Public agencies are terrified of it these days, and rightfully so, because every person who slips and falls, runs their car into a ditch, or gets rear-ended, or whose kid's bus gets into an accident runs straight to an ambulance chaser lawyer who advises them to go for the jugular because municipalities and schools can just raise taxes to settle absurd lawsuits.

Lets just shut down the state. It is too hot In the summer. Heatstroke is a serious thing. Spring not much better for people with allergies the then the flu season.

Pussyfication of America:happywave:

9 hours ago, Lunatic said:

Lets just shut down the state. It is too hot In the summer. Heatstroke is a serious thing. Spring not much better for people with allergies the then the flu season.

Pussyfication of America:happywave:

I'll start sending all of the B.S. Notice of Tort Claim forms that come across my desk to you and you can judge for yourself.  Even if they go nowhere we have to spend money on the attorney to dismiss them.  Every ambulance chaser out there sees someone who was "harmed" by a public entity as a literal gold mine because they have the deepest pockets (ie: just raise taxes).  You want lower taxes?  Try tort reform.  These asinine multimillion dollar payouts that a person gets because because a public bus ran over their pinky toe come straight out of your tax dollars.  

9 hours ago, vdep217 said:

And we wonder why our taxes keep going up.......... free personal day..  plus I know several guys that have been sitting idle in plow trucks doing absolutely nothing since 8am.....

Sounds like a management issue.  My guys were in at normal time packing salt, fixing stuff around the shop, went out, salted mid-morning, came back, did some more work and half the crew went home at normal time.  They all got called back at 4:00 p.m. and got the job done by 11:00 p.m.  No free personal days here either-if you can't make it to work you use personal or vacation time.  Where the heck do you live?

11 minutes ago, Swamp_Yankee said:

I'll start sending all of the B.S. Notice of Tort Claim forms that come across my desk to you and you can judge for yourself.  Even if they go nowhere we have to spend money on the attorney to dismiss them.  Every ambulance chaser out there sees someone who was "harmed" by a public entity as a literal gold mine because they have the deepest pockets (ie: just raise taxes).  You want lower taxes?  Try tort reform.  These asinine multimillion dollar payouts that a person gets because because a public bus ran over their pinky toe come straight out of your tax dollars.  

Sounds like a management issue.  My guys were in at normal time packing salt, fixing stuff around the shop, went out, salted mid-morning, came back, did some more work and half the crew went home at normal time.  They all got called back at 4:00 p.m. and got the job done by 11:00 p.m.  No free personal days here either-if you can't make it to work you use personal or vacation time.  Where the heck do you live?

All part of pussyfication of America. No one is any longer responsible for anything they do or anything that happens to them. There is always someone else your lawyer can blame. 

14 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

All part of pussyfication of America. No one is any longer responsible for anything they do or anything that happens to them. There is always someone else your lawyer can blame. 

Maybe so, but it's my job to ensure that YOUR tax dollars don't go to pay for it by evaluating potential liability and mitigating risk accordingly.  You're welcome :tooth:

1 minute ago, Swamp_Yankee said:

Maybe so, but it's my job to ensure that YOUR tax dollars don't go to pay for it by evaluating potential liability and mitigating risk accordingly.  You're welcome :tooth:

Not really arguing with you and I do get your point. However, when we tell people to stay home because there is 30% chance of some snow for an hour then pussyfication is already completed.

1 hour ago, Swamp_Yankee said:

I live in Manchester we didn't even get any snow..