IGNORED

CAPONE first BIRD!

5 minutes ago, Kype said:

Hell yeah. He gets the first bite. If it wasn't for him I wouldn't have found it. I am also drying the tail and will mount it on a nice plaque. With his picture 

That's cool idea with the tail mount and his picture. Some day I want to get a dog and train for shed hunting and would do the same for him too.

22 hours ago, aceswild said:

Always takes my pup 20 minutes to calm down and start hunting good..was that a left over bird from the wmas?? Awesome job you will remember that 

No this was at a preserve. I wanted definite birds in an area. Not looking around for left overs. We won't be hunting leftovers until MAYBE next year. Right now I just want him on birds. And he did it. 

of my three dogs I've trained myself, my Vizsla did exactly that- he would be so pumped up, he only wanted the bird in my vest. I broke it by just pushing him off and saying his command to hunt- while walking as if i was hunting again. He would then lose interest and hunt again. I would also plant a bird near by the first bird when training- the second we got the first bird, I knew where next one was and would start that way- second he got whif of live bird- it was game on. By season two, it went away. Now bird in vest just means he works harder for the next!

As someone who trains my own dogs, its awesome to hear your story! Congrats and enjoy! MANY MANY frustrating times ahead as you finish the dog....just keep remembering this moment when you get frustrated!