BowhunterNJ

Member feedback, what would you like to see on the site?

Just let them know I'm here. Once word is out, they'll come in droves.

Won't be long before we have to start a huntress selection process to keep the M:F ratio in check.

• Agree 1

HH, got any ideas on how to attract them here? :)

Honestly, why not get a blog going or promote some of the women we have here on the site.  I was being serious too about attracting more women.  I should have prefaced it with more "women hunters", so I deserve any ribbing for being ambiguous.

I've been thinking about the whole concept of bringing more people here and creating a diverse community.  People come here for content.  The forums are definitely content, but I think there's an amazing opportunity to expand the breadth of content here.

A "Women in the Woods" section with a regular female blogger would be great.  She could write about anything woods-related that may or may not be specific to women, but the perspective would be very interesting, IMHO.  That may attract more women to the site, and it might help interested women expand their outdoor opportunities.

Additionally, we have a lot of folks who go out into the field and record stuff.  It would be really cool if some of them wrote a blog, or shared a blog that could be monthly and posted at a regular time.  Yeah, it's like writing a monthly magazine article, but that would be a really awesome content addition to the site.  I would love to see some of the video guys post some 5-10-minute clips with some behind the scenes stuff to help out other folks filming in the field.  Editing tricks, tools they use, and crap like that.  A regular archery blogger and such would be very cool too.  So, yeah, it almost become magazine-like, but fresh content brings fresh eyes.  Some of the discussions we've got going on right now (QDM, AR, etc.) are phenomenal discussions, and a lot of that should be rolled into a "NJ Wildlife" blog.  Nothing too specific to allow for the free flow of content, but something regular, predictable, and something to look forward to every month or so.

We've got a lot of smart people here with very interesting stories and opinions.  It would be nice to evolve it into article or blog-like content with links to form comments (think Ars Technica and their article-to-forums integration).

So, yeah, that's my suggestion to get more women...to participate or lurk on the site.

• Agree 1

I definitely like all of those ideas HH!

The blogging facility is there, and I can feature the blog entries on the main forum index as well.

There is a lot of functionality within the site, but I find most people tend to frequent the forums...so I've been trying to find ways to expose other features here on the main site.

The key is getting the content creators, and how to motivate them to create and share.

Some (like a number of us) have the passion for discussing ideas, learning from others, and sharing our own knowledge.

We just need more to get involved with that same type of passion.

Incentive is always difficult.

One suggestion is:  Blog here and we'll promote you.

Since the site doesn't really generate any revenue per se, it would have to be a symbiotic relationship.  Eventually as traffic grows and hopefully ad revenue, that might change.

You can also do product reviews.  This is somewhat tricky, but a regular blogger with a ton of gear, or possibly a bowyer or gunsmith with access to a ton of gear, might be a good place to start.

I'll see what I can do to provide some content.  Now that the holidays are over I can better manage my time.  I'll see what I can do to commit to a once-a-month blog that is informative and relevant.  I challenge other folks to do the same.

• Agree 2

That sounds great HH!  :up:

Incentive options will grow as the site grows, which requires the content.  Hopefully some can "invest" in that symbiotic relationship with hopes of a bigger picture down the road with better benefits :)