IGNORED

Member feedback, what would you like to see on the site?

BowhunterNJ

Joe, I got ya, good ideas.  I'll put an ad in the NJDFW Digest for sure.  I can look at newspaper advertisements as well, but like you said, it's probably prohibitive.  Flyers would be a good idea and making up some business cards and just placing them in any outdoor related store that is willing to support the site. :up:

You might rethink that when you see the high cost for the Digest.  I know I was shocked when the Division asked Trout Unlimited if we wanted to place an ad.  It was too rich for our blood. 

Well, we need some wildlife biologists :)

I can try to see if I can find a good source of info, maybe QDMA and stream an RSS feed into blog, so we can read their entries/input on herd management?

Or do you know of a source that has good info?

The best source I have right now is what comes from the NJDFW, I set up a blog here that streams their Latest News directly to this site so we can be aware of it as soon as it's posted.

Is there any way we can bribe, con, blackmail someone at NJF&G or even a college biologist/ecologist to start a blog here?  Give them kind of a "ask the smart person" platform with free PR from all of the lug nuts on the site.  Have them make a logo and we can print it on thongs...but I digress....

So, yeah, find some smart people who want a blogging platform and a captive audience of mouth-breathers, and I think we'll be in business!

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

I can try to see if I can find a good source of info, maybe QDMA and stream an RSS feed into blog, so we can read their entries/input on herd management?

Or do you know of a source that has good info?

The best source I have right now is what comes from the NJDFW, I set up a blog here that streams their Latest News directly to this site so we can be aware of it as soon as it's posted.

Im pretty sure Kip Adams or someone along those lines has a blog

referral-0686239001424316551.png

PredaTorch.com         Hot Estrous Doe and Other Deer Scent, Night Predator Lights

I have a Masters degree in Wildlife Management, worked on the state deer project, worked full time as a wildlife biologist before I got into teaching, and have been running deer management programs for communities for the past 17 years.  Does that count?

But I don't think Palawman wants to hear what I have to say about antler restrictions.   :rofl:

I have a Masters degree in Wildlife Management, worked on the state deer project, worked full time as a wildlife biologist before I got into teaching, and have been running deer management programs for communities for the past 17 years.  Does that count?

But I don't think Palawman wants to hear what I have to say about antler restrictions.   :rofl:

Tell me im always willing to listen.

We need a whole new post for this discussion!!!!!!

referral-0686239001424316551.png

PredaTorch.com         Hot Estrous Doe and Other Deer Scent, Night Predator Lights

Start it up, there's a forum for Food Plot and Habitat Management.  Do we need a Wildlife Management one?  Or should we extend on that existing one?  I think there's a ton of forums already, perhaps too many.  Maybe we should extend on that one as I'm not sure how many discussions would kick off in a separate forum?

I've been giving some thought to decreasing the number of forums.  The problem is not a lot of posts are happening in most, so consolidating versus expanding might be better.

Not sure how many guys Surf and Pier fish here, maybe we should start with a 2014 Surf and Pier Fishing Reports topic in Saltwater Fishing and see where it goes?  If there's a lot of surf and pier fishing reports, maybe we can expand it to another forum?

I do a lot of surf fishing when the blues first start at graveling point.... not enough throughout the summer to warrant even posting about it

Yea because we fished 5 minutes before you decided to slice your thumb.

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford

Do you have a note from your doctor that says you're not allowed to hunt this year?   :rofl:   

No, no note.  However, work made me go to Kansas for three weeks in December.  Wife broke her leg when I was away and her gramps was taken to the ICU and we have been visiting him.  With all that going on, I haven't been able to hunt since the weekend before Thanksgiving.  Plus, I drove past my spot yesterday and they never plowed the parking lot (its part of a town park, so you would think they would have plowed it).

When it rains, it pours.

- Mack