IGNORED

Hell of a day to have boat troubles...

MikeStaten

1 minute ago, maximus66 said:

Gets them moving, fly low and the rest  can’t manuever well after the first guy takes a load of #2’s. Sometimes it’s like flock after flock coming in like kamikazies. I get a woodie just thinking about it, pun intended

Haha, I've never gone waterfowling so literally no idea how it even works or what the strategies are.  So when it's cold they gotta keep flying to stay warm?  Otherwise like @rgw said, they fly the first hour and then sit in the water and suntan?

This cold should empty new York of birds, it may be a awesome week. When you have to concentrate where you walk because you no longer feel your feet and your fingers are past burning they are so cold, it's game on

1 minute ago, Tbryant said:

Would've been a good day if you had the gear for it. Judging by the articles, going to go out on a limb and say these guys weren't the most experienced. 

You never know, anything can happen, one thing is for sure don't lift motor out of water or the water pump will freeze

4 minutes ago, BowhunterNJ said:

Haha, I've never gone waterfowling so literally no idea how it even works or what the strategies are.  So when it's cold they gotta keep flying to stay warm?  Otherwise like @rgw said, they fly the first hour and then sit in the water and suntan?

Actually the windier, rainier, snowier miserable days force movement, and ducks don’t run if ya know what i mean LOL You should try it, i bet you’d love it

AWM