IGNORED

Hell of a day to have boat troubles...

MikeStaten

3 minutes ago, rgw said:

Best day of the whole year to duck hunt. Only thing better is if it was over cast and light snow to go with it

You are correct however I would be looking for the only open water in riffles along the river than out in the salt by myself. Guys that don’t waterfowl hunt just don’t realize that if your fingers and nose aren’t close to frostbite the hunting probably isnt that good LOL

AWM

1 minute ago, maximus66 said:

You are correct however I would be looking for the only open water in riffles along the river than out in the salt by myself. Guys that don’t waterfowl hunt just don’t realize that if your fingers and nose aren’t close to frostbite the hunting probably isnt that good LOL

I'm in that group, I'd have no idea.  I know predator hunting is like that...the colder the better because they are hungry!  How does colder temps/conditions make it better for waterfowl?

Know the area well, actually planned to hunt it today.  Boat breakdown is last thing one wants, particularly today. With this west wind and low tide this afternoon, as long as they had waders they could have walked out but glad CG still went and got them. I woke up to hunt, snot freezing in my nose was bad enough but livable, the wicked wind I knew would cut right through. Scouted both rivers and saw little flying and figured a warm coffee and bed was a better deal. Went home. Man it was brutal even in the 30 minutes I was out. Gald they are fine.  

5 minutes ago, BowhunterNJ said:

I'm in that group, I'd have no idea.  I know predator hunting is like that...the colder the better because they are hungry!  How does colder temps/conditions make it better for waterfowl?

Gets them moving, fly low and the rest  can’t manuever well after the first guy takes a load of #2’s. Sometimes it’s like flock after flock coming in like kamikazies. I get a woodie just thinking about it, pun intended

AWM