IGNORED

Proud Moment

JimmyScags

Last Sunday was one of the best days I’ve ever had in the field. My cousin Junior has been begging me to take him hunting since he was 4 or 5. At 18 I was finally able to get him in the field. After a little gun training Thursday he was ready. We drive down to Hunt’s Family Preserve in Lambertville for the annual charity hunt. Dr. Cacciola insisted we should let “the kid” take all the first shots and we’d back him up if he missed. As we’ve shot many birds ourselves, I agreed. It got off to a slow start but with every bird he gained confidence, by the end he barely missed any. In 3 hours Lucky found 25-30 birds and we got 15 of them. Lucky was on fire, he made some really impressive retrieves and was rock solid on point. After we came in as it got dark we had a great buffet while they cleaned the birds. Junior was glowing with pride and so were Doc and I. As proud as I am of my dog and younger cousin I can’t imagine how proud I’d be of my own kids.

9BA199A8-C1A9-432B-858A-9581F720B00A.jpeg

Edited by JimmyScags

I should be working ... there's always tomorrow

Sounds like you guys had a great day , thats what its all about

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

7 hours ago, Rusty said:

Kudos on taking your cousin hunting Mr. Scags.  Great looking pup you got there, sounds like it was a great day all around.  :up::up:

Thanks, he’s a good kid. I’m 14yrs older and older guys, Ghostbear and Tikka270 among them, always took the time to help me learn. My way of paying it forward.

I should be working ... there's always tomorrow