Jump to content

Some people have no Etiquette


Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, Swamp_Yankee said:

100 yards from my back porch, surrounded by 250 acres of preserved farmland.  I'm still getting used to it-the tough part is giving the deer a reason to come through my land as opposed to going around since they have so much room to roam.  I have water (brook and a small pond) though so that's a plus.  But again, I played the public land game for years-no more.

Good for you. We bought a small piece ourselves 3 years ago. I still hunt public land at times with certain friends but there is nothing like owning your own. I hope everyone on here that has that dream gets to live it

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Thats5 said:

I agree with bucndoe.. Take it with you.. It's on State Land it belongs to ALL.. To many people on State Land put up stands and hardly ever Hunt them.. Not fair for the Guys trying to find a Spot.. You put it up and leave it there, we All should be able to hunt it!

 

You have a right to your opinion,  but the far majority disagree with you.  If it's legal to leave the stand up and someone else did the work to scout and find a  good spot and hang a stand you're implying that the logic is, that since it's PUBLIC LAND AND BELONGS TO ALL that you can just waltz around see a stand and say "f^&k that guy, I don't care he did the work to get out early and do the work I wasn't willing to do, I'm going to hunt the stand because it's not fair to me".    This is the kind of BS logic that makes people give up hunting public land and then the "not fair" crowd says it's not fair that you have private land and  the deer belong to EVERYONE and you shouldn't be allowed to shoot all the deer, it's a never ending  "not fair", "cry me a river" drama. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, stratocaster said:

You have a right to your opinion,  but the far majority disagree with you.  If it's legal to leave the stand up and someone else did the work to scout and find a  good spot and hang a stand you're implying that the logic is, that since it's PUBLIC LAND AND BELONGS TO ALL that you can just waltz around see a stand and say "f^&k that guy, I don't care he did the work to get out early and do the work I wasn't willing to do, I'm going to hunt the stand because it's not fair to me".    This is the kind of BS logic that makes people give up hunting public land and then the "not fair" crowd says it's not fair that you have private land and  the deer belong to EVERYONE and you shouldn't be allowed to shoot all the deer, it's a never ending  "not fair", "cry me a river" drama. 

How about the guy that knows a certain area gets better in a spot during a certain part of the season. Has hunted there for years and stays out of the spot till the right week .

is he supposed to know going in during the dark that someone else has also found the spot and started baiting the area.

which one should move on ?

 

( I’m talking about the area , not sitting in another’s stand )

Edited by hammer4reel
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

How about the guy that knows a certain area gets better in a spot during a certain part of the season. Has hunted there for years and stays out of the spot till the right week .

is he supposed to know going in during the dark that someone else has also found the spot and started baiting the area.

which one should move on ?

That happened ed to me this year I knew this was the main travel corridor the bucks were traveling through so I stayed out until the right wind.

I get there at 530 only to have a light flash in me, a guy in a climber was there before me and I said good luck and left.

He was there first. I always hope I get the same courtesy.

  • Like 2
  • Agree 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this thread wondered far away from topic....which was etiquette: the code of ethical behavior regarding professional practice or action among the members of a profession in their dealings with each other. Not who has the rights to what because its public land or not:doh2: Its called doing the right thing

Edited by bucky
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hammer4reel said:

How about the guy that knows a certain area gets better in a spot during a certain part of the season. Has hunted there for years and stays out of the spot till the right week .

is he supposed to know going in during the dark that someone else has also found the spot and started baiting the area.

which one should move on ?

 

( I’m talking about the area , not sitting in another’s stand )

We were talking about stands.  It's would be impossible to know if someone was hunting an area on public land if there was no stand.  What you describe is a bit vague but I for one would have to be honest with myself and if I was in the area and ran into you and you told me about the situation I would politely back out and give you the benefit of the doubt.   But I am as  rare as killing a 200 inch buck in NJ.   I don't like crowding other hunters or fishermen and seek solitude not confrontation. 

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

When I got into hunting (20+ years ago) and attending my Hunter Ed classes, at each class Etiquette was discussed. Instructors told us that if we come upon someone's stand that it would be poor manners to hunt in the stand that did not belong to you. It's just common sense people.

Even further back in my life while out with my Dad in a store he caught me picking something up to look at. Dad quietly told me to put the item back where I found it and to not touch anything that didn't belong to me.

Maybe more people should have been taught what I had learned when I was a small child from my Dad.

 

Edited by Hondo
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hondo said:

When I got into hunting (20+ years ago) and attending my Hunter Ed classes, at each class Etiquette was discussed. Instructors told us that if we come upon someone's stand that it would be poor manners to hunt in the stand that did not belong to you. It's just common sense people.

Even further back in my life while out with my Dad in a store he caught me picking something up to look at. Dad quietly told me to put the item back where I found it and to not touch anything that didn't belong to me.

Maybe more people should have been taught what I had learned when I was a small child from my Dad.

 

It is really that simple:up:

Link to post
Share on other sites

That is the twisted mentality of an individual that believes that a person that scouted an area and placed his stand and camera there and maintains bait. That any other individual has the right to sit in that stand? That is the sense of entitlement that today's society has. Why should they bother to scout spend hundreds of dollars on a stand and bother to maintain a bait site,I'll just go sit in someone else's stand and claim it's state ground I am "entitled"  I have hunted state ground for  46 years and  have seen this first hand many times. I go out of my way when scouting to stay clear of anyone else I see,even if it means not putting my stand where I want it.  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/20/2019 at 10:45 AM, Bucndoe said:

First come first served. Take your stuff with you if you don't want it used or stolen. That's the way it is like it or not. If you don't like it, buy your own piece of dirt and make your own rules

I met you in the dicks parking lot,moons ago,though you were nice!Get your nice back or I'll come back an kick start it lol

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, I just finished wrapping my head with Duct Tape after reading 8 pages of opinions and BS.

Did any of you ever even contact your Game Warden?

I don't think so.

I did and asked this exact same question about, blinds, tree stands, ladders, and other contraptions available.

I was recently told anyone can use anyone else's stands, etc. 

"It belongs to the State" and anyone can use it at any time.

If the original owner ever confronts or tries to force you out of the said tree stand, too just call the Game Warden immediately and charges will be pressed on the person trying to force you from using the equipment.

It is as simple as that!

So, if you leave your stand up over night, and return the next day and find someone else using it... you're SOL.

Confront that person and your fanny will be prosecuted for interfering and harassment with a hunt, terroristic threats, and even Simple Assault.

Don't take my word for it.... pick up the phone or even stop by and actually ask your Game Warden about what I just stated.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bill from NJ said:

OK, I just finished wrapping my head with Duct Tape after reading 8 pages of opinions and BS.

Did any of you ever even contact your Game Warden?

I don't think so.

I did and asked this exact same question about, blinds, tree stands, ladders, and other contraptions available.

I was recently told anyone can use anyone else's stands, etc. 

"It belongs to the State" and anyone can use it at any time.

If the original owner ever confronts or tries to force you out of the said tree stand, too just call the Game Warden immediately and charges will be pressed on the person trying to force you from using the equipment.

It is as simple as that!

So, if you leave your stand up over night, and return the next day and find someone else using it... you're SOL.

Confront that person and your fanny will be prosecuted for interfering and harassment with a hunt, terroristic threats, and even Simple Assault.

Don't take my word for it.... pick up the phone or even stop by and actually ask your Game Warden about what I just stated.

 

Settle down don't get your panties in a bunch.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...