IGNORED

Rage goes collarless

MGHunter66

I would NEVER CHANGE FROM NAP SPITFIRE MAX, they are devastating and have take more that a deer or two for me

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

1 hour ago, Live to Hunt said:

That was shooter error and not RAGE ERROR you know this Johnboy 

Oh boy, i must have missed this :think:

But that being said I am a Thunderhead believer :worship: but use Reapers out of my xbow without anything but spectacular result. But i may...just may give these collarless guys a try next year to compare results

AWM

56 minutes ago, maximus66 said:

Oh boy, i must have missed this :think:

But that being said I am a Thunderhead believer :worship: but use Reapers out of my xbow without anything but spectacular result. But i may...just may give these collarless guys a try next year to compare results

I have only ever used 3 broadheads and Thunderheads where 1 of them. I never had a problem with the 3 broadheads used. Any deer I lost was my fault 

🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈

2 minutes ago, Live to Hunt said:

I have only ever used 3 broadheads and Thunderheads where 1 of them. I never had a problem with the 3 broadheads used. Any deer I lost was my fault 

I have never had a broadhead fail, only i have failed. I never shot expandables with the exception of the xbow. The reapers have performed great but i am never afraid to step out and try something else. I would shoot Thunderheads out of my xbow if they did two things...

1- shot to same POI as my fieldpoints

2- left a good bloodtrail out of the xbow. I have no idea why but out of the compound blood trails with Thunderheads are heavy, out of the xbow blood trails are weak. I have been puzzled by this to say the least

AWM

36 minutes ago, maximus66 said:

I have never had a broadhead fail, only i have failed. I never shot expandables with the exception of the xbow. The reapers have performed great but i am never afraid to step out and try something else. I would shoot Thunderheads out of my xbow if they did two things...

2- left a good bloodtrail out of the xbow. I have no idea why but out of the compound blood trails with Thunderheads are heavy, out of the xbow blood trails are weak. I have been puzzled by this to say the least

That is weird 

🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈

3 hours ago, maximus66 said:

more than likely there is a slight different in the hide pinch. .

question would be was there a lot of blood in the cavity of the xbow shot deer ?

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

1 hour ago, hammer4reel said:

more than likely there is a slight different in the hide pinch. .

question would be was there a lot of blood in the cavity of the xbow shot deer ?

Yes Dan, what truley puzzled me was the shots were from 18-20’ high stands and close shots. Passthroughs with hard downward angle. Cavities were full of blood and could never understand why with such a low exit hole. One doe i remember only went 50yrds in open woods,my hunting partner and  i could not find blood until we were 10yrds from her. Shooting my compound out or the same tree and similar distance left blood like a murder scene. Very confusing because shooting a tornado xbow was merely a couple ft per second faster than my compound. Although one large buck I shot with the thunderhead/xbow did leave a good bloodtrail

AWM

5 hours ago, maximus66 said:

I shot thunderheads since they first came out with the compound.  Liked the angle of the blades, but they would not shoot well from the crossbow.  Slick tricks shot better, but the blood trails were lacking a lot.  So far hypo's have performed well.  Field tips and practice broadheads fly exactly the same, every one.  Blood trails are the best I've ever had.