IGNORED

1/19 check in

MGHunter66

I wasn't going to go but I needed some treestand therapy after a crummy week.  I went out around 6:40am with the shotgun.  I made it out 5 yards and I bumped two does.  A few minutes I was in the treestand hoping they would come back.  I checked my phone at 7:15am and I cursed all the noise the squirrels were making.  It was not squirrels but 8-10 deer making a B line  for my stand.  I picked a large doe 10 yards out and fired.  She dropped in her tracks.  Big thanks to member here who sold me the old school Remington 870 Wingmaster with the corn cob forend.  It worked beautifully.  One shot with buckshot and it was over.  Freezer is now full and I will have some to give away.

doe 1.19.19.jpg

Good luck to everyone out ! Went down to Barnegat and did a duck hunt ended up with three birds . Great morning . Broke the new stoeger in back in November in Maine on a duck we couldn’t recover , the river had other plans that day . Followed it up the next day on some partridge , and today down in the bay . Every time that thing goes bird hunting it gets to eat so hopefully that luck continues. 

Good luck guys! I decided to check my snowblower to make sure that it's ready and I got it running but, could not get it in gear. After several hours of messing with it, I got it to work. So, now it's too late to drive the hour down to go hunting. I'll be out in the deep freeze on Monday. 

"The Nation Which Forgets Its Defenders, Will Itself Be Forgotten".