IGNORED

Homeowners Insurance

NotJust22s

36 minutes ago, NotJust22s said:

Anybody on here sell Homeowners Insurance? I'm in Warren County, shoot me a PM.

Before you buy insurance from a broker, find out if you can get NJM.  If you can, don't waste your time with anyone else.  

I live back in the woods you see

My woman and the kids and the dogs and me

I got a shotgun a rifle and a four wheel drive and a country boy can survive

I recently moved to Blairstown and our mortgage guy actually referred us to an insurance broker who long story short found out was a family friend. Anyway they are located next to the remax near panther valley pub in hackettstown within that strip mall. Sorry I can’t recall the name. But I have New Jersey manufactures for auto so got quotes from them. They were a few hundred higher than what our broker got us. So shop around for sure 

1 minute ago, mike033089 said:

I recently moved to Blairstown and our mortgage guy actually referred us to an insurance broker who long story short found out was a family friend. Anyway they are located next to the remax near panther valley pub in hackettstown within that strip mall. Sorry I can’t recall the name. But I have New Jersey manufactures for auto so got quotes from them. They were a few hundred higher than what our broker got us. So shop around for sure 

When it comes to insurance, cheaper is not necessarily better.  You tend to get what you pay for.

I live back in the woods you see

My woman and the kids and the dogs and me

I got a shotgun a rifle and a four wheel drive and a country boy can survive

1 minute ago, Swamp_Yankee said:

When it comes to insurance, cheaper is not necessarily better.  You tend to get what you pay for.

Agreed. However it the same exact coverage NJM offered with 1 or 2 add on things and still cheaper. Nothing against NJM but hearing a lot lately of others finding much better deals on car insurance also when shopping around from what NJM is quoting.  That I have not looked into yet to confirm. 

I would recommend Farmers of Salem. I have multiple policies (USAA and others). If you are not eligible for USAA call Farmers. Also do not just get the minimums. When you need a policy you will thank me later. Take time to write down everything that you own and what you think it would be to replace it, then double that number just on contents. If you have a ton of tools, guns, jewelry, or anything else of more than abnormal value look at getting a Ryder on these. It’s not that much to add. Some policies max out at $1000 for guns for example. Spend time on this and do it right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My late father-in-law was a 30 year Navy vet, so we have USAA for both home and auto and there is no better.  We only recently moved our homeowners from State Farm which was a great company and competitive over to USAA where we've had our auto for more than two decades.  A nice savings and we increased coverage in some areas like guns and jewelry and still pay less.  Add the annual member/owner profit share and they can't be beat.  

12 hours ago, mike033089 said:

Agreed. However it the same exact coverage NJM offered with 1 or 2 add on things and still cheaper. Nothing against NJM but hearing a lot lately of others finding much better deals on car insurance also when shopping around from what NJM is quoting.  That I have not looked into yet to confirm. 

NJM is not for profit. Every year I get a check from them between $200 to $350. They distribute all money collected over what they need to sustain coverage/claims.

11 hours ago, gobblergetter said:

I recently had dealings with state farm auto insurance and gotta say I was impressed with them.

everything went smooth and hassle free and they weren't even my insurance company

I would never do any business with State Farm. After having my house insured with them for 15 years, they just cancelled my policy about 10 years ago because of my house is in what they call high risk coastal area. I am not in a flood zone. 

I used to have Allstate for our homeowners and NJM for our auto insurance for 40+ years.  We have been members of AAA for many years and a few years ago after recieving a mailing from them decided to check them out.  To make a long story short...... over the phone I switched both policies to AAA and saved over $900 annually with more coverage than I had before.

In our case by combining both policies and being a AAA member there were good discounts and their basic pricing was better than what we had been paying. 

My recommendation is to shop around.

I thought, growing old would take longer ! 

I spent most of my money on shotguns and fly rods.  The rest I just wasted.