IGNORED

Bluejays

hunterbob1

I am not going put up with another year of those mangy bastards eating my woodpecker,, Sparrow,robin's eggs again  this spring !Crosman 760 + 766 are rebuilt!

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

2 hours ago, hunterbob1 said:

I am not going put up with another year of those mangy bastards eating my woodpecker,, Sparrow,robin's eggs again  this spring !Crosman 760 + 766 are rebuilt!

Every time I see an idiotic post like this I just shake my head in disgust. What makes you think it's your job to interfere with nature and kill birds that are doing what birds do? Oh so they eat other birds eggs, so what? When birds lose their eggs they have more, in fact I've watched nests over the years that produced 3 times in a single year. To break that down for you they had eggs, the eggs turned to chicks, the chicks fledged and then the sequence happened two more times. You're  protecting YOUR woodpecker, sparrow and Robin's eggs?  Ok, so you want to protect your little birdie eggs then you have to kill everything that will raid a nest. Kill every snake ,crow, mockingbird, squirrel, raccoon, opossum, rat, mouse, fox and cat that you see. don't stop there because those eggs will hatch into birds, so you have to protect them also. Kill every Eagle, hawk , owl, and anything else you see that might eat a bird. You're going to have to be a very busy man guarding your precious little birdies and their eggs. The last time I checked, there isn't any shortage of song birds around.

49 minutes ago, DBuck said:

Every time I see an idiotic post like this I just shake my head in disgust. What makes you think it's your job to interfere with nature and kill birds that are doing what birds do? Oh so they eat other birds eggs, so what? When birds lose their eggs they have more, in fact I've watched nests over the years that produced 3 times in a single year. To break that down for you they had eggs, the eggs turned to chicks, the chicks fledged and then the sequence happened two more times. You're  protecting YOUR woodpecker, sparrow and Robin's eggs?  Ok, so you want to protect your little birdie eggs then you have to kill everything that will raid a nest. Kill every snake ,crow, mockingbird, squirrel, raccoon, opossum, rat, mouse, fox and cat that you see. don't stop there because those eggs will hatch into birds, so you have to protect them also. Kill every Eagle, hawk , owl, and anything else you see that might eat a bird. You're going to have to be a very busy man guarding your precious little birdies and their eggs. The last time I checked, there isn't any shortage of song birds around.

Hey, easy, I eat birds:happywave:

Edited by Lunatic

1 hour ago, Rusty said:

:agree:

None of them have EVER carried away a baby bird!I sit in front yard and see the harassment them damb so called song birds do to poor little birds,finches I had also,gone!I do not like bulleys,period!

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

4 hours ago, DBuck said:

Every time I see an idiotic post like this I just shake my head in disgust. What makes you think it's your job to interfere with nature and kill birds that are doing what birds do? Oh so they eat other birds eggs, so what? When birds lose their eggs they have more, in fact I've watched nests over the years that produced 3 times in a single year. To break that down for you they had eggs, the eggs turned to chicks, the chicks fledged and then the sequence happened two more times. You're  protecting YOUR woodpecker, sparrow and Robin's eggs?  Ok, so you want to protect your little birdie eggs then you have to kill everything that will raid a nest. Kill every snake ,crow, mockingbird, squirrel, raccoon, opossum, rat, mouse, fox and cat that you see. don't stop there because those eggs will hatch into birds, so you have to protect them also. Kill every Eagle, hawk , owl, and anything else you see that might eat a bird. You're going to have to be a very busy man guarding your precious little birdies and their eggs.

Well, I could not have said that any better myself, particularly the first two sentences.

4 hours ago, DBuck said:

The last time I checked, there isn't any shortage of song birds around.

There probably is not a shortage, I agree; however, that is still no good reason to kill blue jays.

What about the American crow, robbing the blue jay nests and eating blue jay chicks?  Blue Jays Live Matter.

5 hours ago, Blend No 27 said:

The blue jays always let you know deer are close by

I've killed many a bucks with the heads-up of bluejays letting me know deer are coming.  When I tell people this they look at me like I'm crazy.