IGNORED

Odd Question

xbowmike

28 minutes ago, xbowmike said:

Winter bow. Shoot a buck that has shed his antlers. How do you report? Antlerless deer?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

YES but If I were King of all things F&G, if it has nuts, you tag as a buck.

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

2 minutes ago, Stewey said:

I thought there was a shed buck on there to choose from 

It's confusing. There is on the harvest report card on page 31 of the digest:

B3KiHh.jpg

The one thing I noticed here is the grey background - notice "Antlerless" has a grey background, as does the "Female", "Male <3in", and "Button Buck" blocks - but its also grey in "Shed" and "Broken" - it seems maybe the grey background indicates those are considered antlerless. Of course, "Shed" and "Broken" are under the "Antlered" column - so they managed to make even this stupid chart confusing!!! It's like the authors of the digest make a effort to add confusion where they can. :) 

However, the definition of antlerless is clearly spelled out to include sheds in the digest on page 32:

I0bLOq.jpg

6 hours ago, sussexcohunter said:

i would think anterless because you cant say how many points on the left or right..

Not true, I once shot a shed buck that scored 137 3/8.  If you measure the size of the hooves, then subtract the neck circumference, then divide the sum by the multiplicive inverse of Pi, you get an exact P& Y score before deductions. Just kidding. Do not shoot a shed buck!

"All men die, not all men really live". WW

NOw that the question has been answered.  Can someone tell me why you have to fill out a deer tag and harvest report card, if you check the deer in out in the field, on your phone?  It's cold as hell out there and my pen is usually frozen, or it won't right on the plastic tag. :whatever:Are we going backwards here? lol