IGNORED

Tips with dealing with road noise.

So I have a parcel I'm hunting and taken a few off of but it backs to a expressway and the road noise is constant. I can't hear the deer coming till usually within shooting range. I have been busted getting out of tree cause I never heard them come in and I like the area but hate not hearing them. I know I'm not the only one who hunts near a road. Any suggestions or tips?  

I had a piece near the Turnpike once.  Ruined the whole experience for me and I just gave it up.  Never had a problem getting busted, etc...the noise was just too annoying.

I live back in the woods you see

My woman and the kids and the dogs and me

I got a shotgun a rifle and a four wheel drive and a country boy can survive

15 hours ago, Lunatic said:

It’s a double edged because they can’t hear you as well. I have a piece like that as well and I like it because I can get in and out unannounced 

That's what I like to think but it's real thick in some areas and I wonder did I push them out and not hear them leave or are they just not there yet. IDK

Iv hunted next to busy roads but nothing like a highway. More like county roads. However I never rely on my hearing. I just look for them. There isnt anyway that I am aware of around this.  Humans have three senses we can use hunting, since we can’t smell them and because you can’t hear them then the only other way around it is to look for them. 

39 minutes ago, Tucker dog said:

That's what I like to think but it's real thick in some areas and I wonder did I push them out and not hear them leave or are they just not there yet. IDK

Without highway noise you just push them more 

late season when the forest floor is crunchy you can hear them. First 3 months you can hear them anyway