IGNORED

Nantucket Fluke trip

MZ7Extreme

If you get the right conditions up there its epic.

you can possibly catch more big fish on  one trip than you will here in NJ  in 10 years.

Most days the current is screaming up there.

you can bucktail 4-10 oz until it gets moving then to be fishable your using heavy lead

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

8 hours ago, Zipper said:

Yeah, the fishing is pretty good up there. I jigged lead up to 10 oz. Tide dictates how you fish.

The wind will get you too, I fished in 3 to 5 footers and used 10 oz  round ball bucktails (uggg) all day long on a limited 12 hour marathon trip, but the fishing was worth it !!! If you can find heavier I would bring a few.  I saw a lot of guys with spinning rods thinking they were fishing in NJ.... DO NOT BRING A SPINNING ROD:up:

Edited by bucky

31 minutes ago, bucky said:

The wind will get you too, I fished in 3 to 5 footers and used 10 oz  round ball bucktails (uggg) all day long on a limited 12 hour marathon trip, but the fishing was worth it !!! If you can find heavier I would bring a few.  I saw a lot of guys with spinning rods thinking they were fishing in NJ.... DO NOT BRING A SPINNING ROD:up:

We have fished up there on days we used 16 Oz , also have had days the heaviest we fished was 4.

doesnt hurt to carry an extra rod on both sides of the spectrum.

once needed weight goes over 10 Oz I’m not bucktailing .

better off bouncing a sinker with a livelier moving bait .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

I used double pink shine all day, which is the color I prefer when fishing up that way and put the beat down on the them, they loved that 10 oz ball as well. And yes saw some guys using 12 to 16 oz of lead with bait but they couldn't keep up to the gulp on that day of course:up:

Edited by bucky

fished 3 trips last year and jigged on all of them.was lucky and only had to use 4-6oz bucktails.all 6in gulp both swim tails and mullet.stick with the light colors as there is allot of squid up the way.make sure you bring plenty of tails as those big fish destroy them pretty quick.no need for stinger hooks as those fish are very very aggressive and often swallowed the entire bucktail.

Edited by fdsmiles