Blend No 27

New for 2019 Easton FMJ T64 arrows

Interesting concept.  I wonder how much the actual arrow shaft does impact penetration and how much the taper influences this.  Also wonder how it influences arrow flight.  Cool topic :cool:

I don’t know if the taper will actually reduce friction much. In theory it sounds great but in the real world I’m not too sure. 

i do however think the taper and increased foc should make for a great shooting arrow. I’ll keep you posted after I get a set if I notice a difference between the my old fmj s and these.

• Like 2

Whats the difference between these and Nitro Stingers? I shot Nitros for years, and they were super durable and shot great. Just became a PITA to locate them. 

From what I can conclude it's an old concept new design..  6mm front and 4mm back gives the arrow weight forward.   For years was done with brass inserts and heavier broad heads..  this would in theory be a more balanced way of accomplishing this..  maybe I'm over thinking it...

Don't know if its true or not but a few guys posted on Archerytalk that they are supposed to retail for $299 per 6.  So $600 a dozen, I think I'll pass 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lanceinpa said:

Whats the difference between these and Nitro Stingers? I shot Nitros for years, and they were super durable and shot great. Just became a PITA to locate them. 

Difference would be FMJ's are gonna give you a heck of a lot more weight.  Same concept on the FMJ's have the aluminum outer jacket.  I have shot Quest Thumpers for a few years, but could not get them to broadhead tune properly out of my new bow.  

4 hours ago, BowhunterNJ said:

Interesting concept.  I wonder how much the actual arrow shaft does impact penetration and how much the taper influences this.  Also wonder how it influences arrow flight.  Cool topic :cool:

Penetration would increase due to the overall weight of the arrow, but you will have slower speeds.  The increased FOC with help stabilize the arrow faster, so I have been told.  I have played with arrows shooting 7.5% up to 17.2% FOC.  To be honest with you I could not tell a difference with a properly tuned bow, tuned to the arrow that is.  My next build is gonna be an Easton Axis 5mm, these give good weight and slightly skinny to cut down on wind drift effect.

• Like 1

I saw these and am interested in getting them for my new setup. However, if they are $299 for 6 I’ll pass and get regular FMJs lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk