IGNORED

Anybody been to St Bart's?

JHbowhunter

Have a trip this winter to St Bart's.   Anyone ever been?    Can't find much on DIY fishing.  I did book a guide for shore excursion on tarpon, bones, snook.   Bringing one travel rod.

Can't find any info on permits or license - guide is very elusive on this topic, as he wants folks to fish with him not on their own.

This is not a fishing trip  - but would definitely like to fish a little here and there. 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

26 minutes ago, Buck154 said:

Go with the guide and learn where and how they fish. Plus just drive or walk around and figure it out. You have the knowledge. 

I don't have the guide until 2nd to last day...  Like you - I always catch fish wherever I go. I definitely know how to catch bones and snook...   Hope the tarpon are small, I am only bringing 10lb braid class reel and 7' four piece rod.   Hope I don't end up arrested for fishing without a license, but there is literally NOTHING on the internet about permit or license.

I shot a big 10pt once….

49 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

I don't have the guide until 2nd to last day...  Like you - I always catch fish wherever I go. I definitely know how to catch bones and snook...   Hope the tarpon are small, I am only bringing 10lb braid class reel and 7' four piece rod.   Hope I don't end up arrested for fishing without a license, but there is literally NOTHING on the internet about permit or license.

It may require a BVI fishing license, i understand it’s part of the Leeward islands but don’t know if that has same jurisdiction of carribean like the virgin islands

AWM

1 minute ago, maximus66 said:

It may require a BVI fishing license, i understand it’s part of the Leeward islands but don’t know if that has same jurisdiction of carribean like the virgin islands

if anything it's French, not British...    I am gonna fish as long as it's not marked as a marine reserve, and claim ignorance.   How bad can a night in a French jail be????

I shot a big 10pt once….