IGNORED

hooded merganser - first for me. now how do I cook it??

mazzgolf

Just now, mazzgolf said:

You all are poisoning the well. :P I'm not reading more of this thread until I try it! FWIW: my first attempt at crow I thought was not bad - sooooo.... how bad could this be? Don't answer that.

I'll be back in the afternoon for the after-action report.

May God be with you.

25 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

You all are poisoning the well. :P I'm not reading more of this thread until I try it! FWIW: my first attempt at crow I thought was not bad - sooooo.... how bad could this be? Don't answer that.

I'll be back in the afternoon for the after-action report.

Can't wait wait for your Ground hog recipe in the spring :clapping:

Fried it up like the recipe said - added some rosemary, thyme, ginger, salt and pepper to the flour coating. 

I took the first bite and the thought process went as follows: "hmm... interesting... this coating tastes really good - slight crisp to it, and I'm getting some real good thyme and rosemary flav..... OMG.. .WHAT THE !@#$% IS THAT ????"

Once I got to the actual meat, all I got was this slick oily texture and it tasted as if I bit into a herring.:vomit:

Should've used @FowlHooked's recipe....:footinmouth:

1 minute ago, mazzgolf said:

Fried it up like the recipe said - added some rosemary, thyme, ginger, salt and pepper to the flour coating. 

I took the first bite and the thought process went as follows: "hmm... interesting... this coating tastes really good - slight crisp to it, and I'm getting some real good thyme and rosemary flav..... OMG.. .WHAT THE !@#$% IS THAT ????"

Once I got to the actual meat, all I got was this slick oily texture and it tasted as if I bit into a herring.:vomit:

Like herring? Pickle it then. LOL

47 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

Dude I just spit my soda all over the room reading this. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.