IGNORED

Blackfish Fishing

Buck154

John I was out Friday on the Taggged fish Capt Chad got out there early and we hit them right away. I ended up with 7 keepers. We made a few moves and each it time the fish responded. We were fishing pretty deep so most of us stayed with bait and didn't jig. Nice quality fish with only a few that needed to be measured for the Boat Limit. This was my 3rd trip on his boat this year and limited every time. Big Boat alot of room and he works hard moving around. Also 10 hr trip is also a plus. 

1 hour ago, MZ7Extreme said:

I was out on Friday the people who know how to catch them caught them good on the mohawk. Jigs working better than rigs.

Caught 3+ limits only keeping my legal limit.

Any size?  What was the pool winner?

34 minutes ago, Buck154 said:

Any size?  What was the pool winner?

Just keepers to 5lbs with pool fush around the 7-10lb range

When you're fishing head boats with more than 10-15 people they will look fr numbers. If you go out with 10 guys it's going to be lights out fishing. I love this time of year, with a lite crowd a at arn6 cast you can catch the right one...

Right one to me is 12lbs+

I went out of Belmar on a 12 pack charter on Friday and it felt more like a boat ride and scouting trip instead of a fishing charter. The Capt. headed way north and set us up on mud the first 2 drops. Then he finally put us on some fish and we stayed way past the bite. When he finally pulled anchor to go to another drop he headed back down south a good distance towards port and I swear it was only to steal numbers from other anchored boats that we circled because he turned around and headed back north again for the final drop. I have better electronics on my boat and I reckon that should explain a lot. At the end of the day we had 12 keepers.

Next Friday we are booked on a limited charter out of Point Pleasant,  hopefully we have better luck on that trip.

1 hour ago, rocky said:

I went out of Belmar on a 12 pack charter on Friday and it felt more like a boat ride and scouting trip instead of a fishing charter. The Capt. headed way north and set us up on mud the first 2 drops. Then he finally put us on some fish and we stayed way past the bite. When he finally pulled anchor to go to another drop he headed back down south a good distance towards port and I swear it was only to steal numbers from other anchored boats that we circled because he turned around and headed back north again for the final drop. I have better electronics on my boat and I reckon that should explain a lot. At the end of the day we had 12 keepers.

Next Friday we are booked on a limited charter out of Point Pleasant,  hopefully we have better luck on that trip.

I have a funny feeling I know the boat you were on !! By the time you got up by us we already had a bunched boxed. 

4 hours ago, rocky said:

Sky larker?