IGNORED

Couple of ducks I shot this week

iluv2hunt

Definately use 2 or 3 shot.
Black cloud makes a sweet shot that puts ducks down.

Not use the choke you are using.. but remember with steel shot your choke is considered 1 step tighter than it says. (Unless it says steel on the choke)

And in you never want to use a full choke unless it says steel shot full choke right on it.

My first time duck hunting sea ducks I used cheap ammo and had a hard time. Half way through the hunt in switched to black cloud and started killing everything I shot at.

Lastly- birds move alot faster than they look.. lead them and follow through. Keep that barrel swinging fast.

http://www.jerseyjaystaxidermy.com

The type of shell/shot size are really dependent on your gun. Like all have said, #6 is way to small. More importantly, pattern your gun and get good at figuring the range. I shoot a A-5 Belgium with a fixed choke that is a little less than full. At 30 yards my pattern is about 14 inches. I don't go for the fancy stuff as far as ammo. Winchester expert or dryloc works well. remember, there is no punch with steel so it is speed that kills. Hide well, set your decoys right and shoot them feet down over the dekes. And know what your pattern is doing! Great job so far......good luck