IGNORED

Cabelas, Bass Pro..say it isn't so!!!

_X7

Jeanette L Hall

Yesterday at 11:32 AM

First big change of 2019. I have declined Cabela’s offer to be a Pro Staff this year. While it has been fun teaching the past 3 years, which is one of my passions, some of the changes since the merger between Bass Pro Shop and Cabela’s has troubled me. The biggest being that I received an email from corporate stating that I could no longer post photos of my African hunts or exotic hunts. This goes against everything I stand for. As you all know, I’m a HUGE advocate for hunting my beloved Africa. I will not be ashamed nor hide the fact that I proudly hunt internationally. I emailed corporate back about this questioning why I was banned from posting my photos but they refused to give me any reason. I didn’t like this secrecy and lack of transparency. Dick Cabela was a big advocate for hunting Africa and I know if he were alive he would be furious with this decision. Just as I am. It makes me wonder if Cabela’s will become a camping store only in the near future as politically correct idiots continue to chip away at hunting from all angles.

Many people assumed I got gear for free from Cabela’s. FALSE. I was never even given so much as a hat. I had to pay for everything. While I got a small discount on branded items only, everything else was full price.

There was much more involved in my decision as well. One of the managers had shunned me from the south store because I had voiced my opinion. Thus I had to travel to the north store, which is even further of a commute for me (fuel was not compensated as per my contract). This childishness was yet another factor prompting my decision.

So there you have it. I will no longer be active on the Cabela’s Pro Staff page. It was a fun ride but I will not be gagged and told I cannot post my photos of hunts I’m extremely proud of.

image.thumb.png.f2a8de82bf2dd02f2df077a68af4e5c3.png

I was in the hamburg store in October and was very disappointed not much of a selection, I was specifically looking for upland gear and boots came out with zip.

boots were all either size 9 or 14 nothing in between at least for rubber boots plus not much to choose from. The only upland hunting stuff was the hat vest combo which is sold anywhere, I wanted a jacket and a second pair of brush pants which they didn’t have either.

ill do my shopping online from now on I use to look forward to taking the family on the two hour trip up there once a year and spending a bunch of money and most of the day not anymore.

the staff was super nice but not many working, it was the lack of selection that was troubling for me.

Shopping Amazon means you are essentially padding more zeros to Jeff Bezos' bank account - he's a liberal's liberal. That isn't to say I don't shop Amazon, I'm just saying, don't think you are doing anybody any favors by shopping Amazon over Cabelas. You are just giving Bezos more resources to support liberal causes. I trust Cabelas over Amazon when it comes to where they would side on political and social matters.

24 minutes ago, Bones said:

I was in the hamburg store in October and was very disappointed not much of a selection, I was specifically looking for upland gear and boots came out with zip.

boots were all either size 9 or 14 nothing in between at least for rubber boots plus not much to choose from. The only upland hunting stuff was the hat vest combo which is sold anywhere, I wanted a jacket and a second pair of brush pants which they didn’t have either.

ill do my shopping online from now on I use to look forward to taking the family on the two hour trip up there once a year and spending a bunch of money and most of the day not anymore.

the staff was super nice but not many working, it was the lack of selection that was troubling for me.

I was in the Delaware store after Thanksgiving had a full section for upland hunting

I would like more information.

I would hate to see cabelas or bass pro abandoning the hunter and going for the sports arena.

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford

Always been a big Cabelas  fan but they have definitely gone way downhill since Bass Pro took over. The Delaware store hasn't changed that much but the Hamburg, PA store is a shell of it's former self. Product on hand for purchase seems to have declined by 30% or more. All the hunting and other clothing racks used to be really packed in tight with all sizes well represented but now it looks like they've removed a lot of them and spread out what's left. Boots are limited as noted above and no more game meat served in the store. Wouldn't buy a gun or ammo from them as they are always over priced. All of the employees appear to be unhappy and when you ask what happened they just circle the number on your receipt and tell you to call corporate to complain noting that most people that they encounter have the same issues with the current state of the store. Looks like the decline of yet another iconic American business!

I remember when certain hunting clothes or products in general that were Cabela's brand meant something and were of good quality and lasted, not anymore.  The last time I was in the Delaware store it had more useless crap than anything and seemed to be stocked with a lot less hunting related gear. I thought about taking a ride up to Hamburg since I haven't been there for about two years but after seeing these posts I wont waste my time.   I try to support local businesses when I can but some have a attitude along with higher prices and I dont need that BS either, especially when you try to work out a deal on a used gun thats been on the shelf for almost a year or two and they act like it's brand new. So where ever I can get the better deal is where I go, money is money.  Going to be hard to beat certain online deals when you can get free shipping, etc.  If a certain private FFL is reasonable with prices than I will use his/her service, change of the times I guess.  

Edited by Silver Belly62