IGNORED

Appalachian Trail- Dog and Porcupine encounter/ Bird pictures

Porkies are very shy and very timid. They won't attack anything unless they are threatened or cornered. They want to be left alone as they waddle through the woods. If you want to have some real, unpredictable fun try releasing them from a trap. Done it a few times and every time it's real fun trying not to get poked

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

23 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

Try thistle seed, they will never leave 

Your correct, I use thistle seed, looks like rye bread seed !

Well my first thistle tube feeder was yellow But it was hanging a little low and a bear ripped it down and destroyed it , so I went to Agway to buy another one and there was a Bird Lady there, very knowledgeable on Birds, she told me DONT get yellow get a blue one, the yellow birds love the color blue plus you see them better !

Well I brought the blue one and since then I can’t keep it full have sometimes 12 yellow ones fighting to get on it and they won’t touch the green one ! Those Bird watchers know there stuff !

Here is a video from this summer, it’s like a bird sanctuary !

Good Luck !

2 minutes ago, 1190ftalt said:

Your correct, I use thistle seed, looks like rye bread seed !

Well my first thistle tube feeder was yellow But it was hanging a little low and a bear ripped it down and destroyed it , so I went to Agway to buy another one and there was a Bird Lady there, very knowledgeable on Birds, she told me DONT get yellow get a blue one, the yellow birds love the color blue plus you see them better !

Well I brought the blue one and since then I can’t keep it full have sometimes 12 yellow ones fighting to get on it and they won’t touch the green one ! Those Bird watchers know there stuff !

Here is a video from this summer, it’s like a bird sanctuary !

Good Luck !

Very cool!!

3 hours ago, Bucndoe said:

Porkies are very shy and very timid. They won't attack anything unless they are threatened or cornered. They want to be left alone as they waddle through the woods. If you want to have some real, unpredictable fun try releasing them from a trap. Done it a few times and every time it's real fun trying not to get poked

Yes porcupines are harmless and waddle when they walk, they also make real cute sounds !