IGNORED

No Ice fishing in NJ this year :(

Looking at Accuweather forecast for entire month of January for Newton, NJ - I don't see where we would ever have safe ice.   And - generally when we don't get it in January, tough to get it in February with the longer days...

Total warming degrees of the forecasted 31 days vs the historical average is 71 degrees warmer total on the daily High, and 112 degrees warmer total for the daily Low.  The daily average difference for high/low is 2.35 / 3.6.

Here are your daily highs for the month, and only 8 out of 31 days are forecasted to stay at or below freezing.  The coldest daily high for the month is one day at 29 degrees.  That's just not getting it done.  

Hi

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

1 minute ago, not on the rug said:

Thank God.  I hate the cold weather and a warm January leads to a warm February and hopefully an early spring.  

If you want to ice fish, move to Minnesota!

lots of firewood to cut - just wish ground would freeze solid even that doesn't look likely until end of month. It's so freakin' wet and muddy.

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

I hope that trend doesn’t travel up to the Adirondacks. I buried $500 last year on gear to keep warm in the month long deep freeze they had. It made tournament fishing up there much easier when only quarter the lake had guys on it! I was hoping for some similar cold this season.

7 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

lots of firewood to cut - just wish ground would freeze solid even that doesn't look likely until end of month. It's so freakin' wet and muddy.

I agree there. I was outside yesterday playing fetch with the dog and we were both covered in mud when we came in.  It felt like a typical spring day.  

Not this year at least in Mid and South Jersey

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

• 2 weeks later...