YurytheRed

Rifle question

Might anyone have any experience(s) with Henry lever action 22 rifles? I would like to purchase a 22 for just fun shooting and find these attractive.

Thanks

I have been looking at one also. Been reading about them for about a year and yet to read about any issues. 

Bought one for my son for last Xmas. He loves it. It's a nice quality gun for the money. Can't go wrong with it for plinking

We bought one 5 years ago, for no other reason than it's a NJ company. (I think the machining is done in Wisconsin, but the rifles assembled, etc here)

It's is a nice rifle, especially for the price. We've had no problems with chambering or extracting. I was actually surprised how smooth the action is. The trigger feels pretty nice. And, grouped decently out of the box.

I was not happy with either sight, and replaced them both.

When I compare it to my 20 year old Marlin, there is definately differences. However, I would have no problem recommending this gun to someone for some plinking fun.

Henry is owned by a nice guy, and they have great customer service.

Good luck.

Henry makes nice rifles, and I think they are some of the better ones made . Never owned or shot any of there 22's,  just 45-70. 

• Like 1

I have a Henry 22 and my brother has a golden boy in 22. I love mine, it’s very smooth and shoots straight. Good quality. I’m actually very interested in their .410 lever action based off the .45-70, looks nice. 

I own a 2 Henry's. One is a 22lr/short and the other is a 30 30. Absolutely love both. My 22 is my trap line gun. My 3030 has the octagonal barrel. It's a real beauty 

Posted (edited)

Have a Henry 45-70 Wildlife Edition in route to my FFL now.  Excited to get my hands on it.  

Edited by Nomad

I don't own one (yet), but I've heard from several owners that their quality and customer service is top-notch.  They put the so-called Marlins currently being produced by Remington to shame.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nomad said:

Have a Henry 45-70 Wildlife Edition in route to my FFL now.  Excited to get my hands on it.  

I take it the one with a moose on it ?  lol

4 hours ago, Silver Belly62 said:

I take it the one with a moose on it ?  lol

Yeah moose and bear.  Always wanted a rife with the gold critters on it. lol

A friend of a friend had a problem with a 22's ejection, the owner of Henry's met him at a diner in Bayonne, bought him breakfast, listened to the issues, took the rifle back and got him a new one, doesn't get any better than that!

• Like 2