VFL

WTB Lone Wolf Climbing Sticks

I got an M7 Millenium Microlite treestand and am looking to be a little more portable next year. The Lone Wolf climbing sticks seem to be my best bet - so if you’re looking to get rid of them, please shoot me a PM. 

Thank you and Happy New Year!

Depends on how far you space them out, how tall you are, etc, but prob 15-18 ft, if not more. I’m not necessarily looking to get high in the tree but getting into a tree that has good cover where I don’t have to hang a stand and worry about it getting stolen. 

I have a set of 4 I would let go. I have them stealth stripped with the rope mod. Let me know if you’d be interested in that set up. 

My wife ordered me a set of climbing sticks from another manufacturer for a surprise gift.  I saw her order on my computer and I was able to cancel it before it was shipped.  My next set of sticks will be lone wolf or another light weight set of sticks because my azz is getting too old to carry a lot of weight. 

• Like 1

IMO better choices out there 

sticks that have steps on both sides are  easier to climb and hang a stand from . 

And easier to get a few extra feet out of. 

For not a lot of extra weight

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, hammer4reel said:

IMO better choices out there 

sticks that have steps on both sides are  easier to climb and hang a stand from . 

And easier to get a few extra feet out of. 

For not a lot of extra weight

Lone wolf steps flip to both sides

with climbing stick you are looking for less weight  so steps on both sides would just add weight. I also don’t see a reason?

Edited by Lunatic

24 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

Lone wolf steps flip to both sides

with climbing stick you are looking for less weight  so steps on both sides would just add weight. I also don’t see a reason?

I have lone wolf sticks , but like other brands better when steps  form a t. Can have both feet level  when setting  next  sticks  and the stand. 

They are a little heavier  but the trade off  is ease of use

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I was on the fence on buying lone wolfs. Have their stands and  love em but opted for hawke helium cause the double steps. I’m glad I did   

Edited by Buckeyes11
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, hammer4reel said:

I have lone wolf sticks , but like other brands better when steps  form a t. Can have both feet level  when setting  next  sticks  and the stand. 

They are a little heavier  but the trade off  is ease of use

I use my sticks so much it is all quick and automatic for me. Can't even imagine what the advantage of having both feet level would be, but maybe because I never used T step sticks. 
I go deep, every ounce feels like a pound after first 15 minutes. Sometimes I even leave one stick behind and bring two screw ins instead.

Edited by Lunatic

37 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

I use my sticks so much it is all quick and automatic for me. Can't even imagine what the advantage of having both feet level would be, but maybe because I never used T step sticks. 
I go deep, every ounce feels like a pound after first 15 minutes. Sometimes I even leave one stick behind and bring two screw ins instead.

I think we’re on the same page, lunatic...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lunatic said:

I use mine a lot. Most of the time i take the bottom one or two out so all have to bring back is that. Sometimes i have forgotten the stick and i always carry a couple screw in in my backpack in cass. 

• Like 2