Bucndoe

Last Years Christmas Present Just Got An Upgrade

Nice. Hopefully the work good. Love my Jet sleds. I have 3 but mever tried the wear bars

15 minutes ago, Buck154 said:

Nice. Hopefully the work good. Love my Jet sleds. I have 3 but mever tried the wear bars

Slicker than snot and makes the bottom last a lot longer. They can also be flipped over and turned around to get extra long life out of them

• Like 1

I've been using mine for ducks. Drag all my gear out and floats next me while I stand in 4 feet of water. Drag all my ducks and geese back to the truck. No mess

• Like 2

I bought one this fall and have used it 1/2 a dozen times already. It literally is one of the best pieces of equipment next to the fieldpod that I have bought. Used it today to swap out a feeder and corn in a spot. It seems that there is no snow when I used it most times and am considering getting these wear bars for it. Good post. 

14 minutes ago, LPJR said:

I bought one this fall and have used it 1/2 a dozen times already. It literally is one of the best pieces of equipment next to the fieldpod that I have bought. Used it today to swap out a feeder and corn in a spot. It seems that there is no snow when I used it most times and am considering getting these wear bars for it. Good post. 

You will be very happy with them if you get them. I started by taping them in place and mounting them from the rear of the sled to the front. At the end where it bends I heat it up with a heat gun to make it easier to mount on the front instead of fighting it wanting to push back. I have two of them and both have the wear bars on them

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bucndoe said:

You will be very happy with them if you get them. I started by taping them in place and mounting them from the rear of the sled to the front. At the end where it bends I heat it up with a heat gun to make it easier to mount on the front instead of fighting it wanting to push back. I have two of them and both have the wear bars on them

Being lazy....Amazon? Or did you get them locally and are they specific for the jet sled....

1 minute ago, LPJR said:

Being lazy....Amazon? Or did you get them locally and are they specific for the jet sled....

Amazon has them. They sell different sizes. If you have the regular sled that is the Jet Sled 1 for sizing

1 minute ago, Bucndoe said:

Amazon has them. They sell different sizes. If you have the regular sled that is the Jet Sled 1 for sizing

Awesome. Thanks :up:

I bought one this year and installed the wear bars.  Also replaced the rope with larger diameter (5/8") and added a 'handle' made of heavy plastic tubing, and reinforced where the rope attaches to the sled with 2"x1/2" stainless washers.  After all that, the "Gods of the Hunt" didn't smile upon me this year!

After knee replacement surgery, I figured I'd need all the help I could get.

Edited by 6.5 Swede

I have a sled that the bottom’s wore out of. Any of you guys taken liquid nails or something similar and laminated a new one to an old one for more durability?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk