IGNORED

Any knife makers here?

DBuck

I want to try to make a knife out of  a deer antler from this year, never done it before, just want to play around and do it. I want to do it with American made steel, so I'm just wondering if anyone knows where I can buy blanks that are made in America. I've done a search for them and sent messages to various companies but haven't received any responses, so that tells me that theirs probably aren't made in America.

I get my steel from njsteelbaron.com 

If you're looking for something already, cut shaped, heat treated and tempered, you can look through jantzsupply.com

If you want to make one yourself I recommend 3/16" piece of 1084 steel. Very easy to heat treat and temper for a beginner. 

You will get cut, wear safety equipment. 

I've been trying to finish up a knife I promised someone a while ago.  Knife making is something I LOVE to do but my family and job just don't allow it anymore. 

Tonight's work;

20181226_193812.jpg

20181226_201946.jpg

20181226_202033.jpg

20181226_202052.jpg

@DBuckI have made a bunch of knives from usaknifemaker.com I havent had anything but good success from their pre cut heat treated blanks as well as their raw steel.  Ill have to post a couple pics of thier pre made blanks that just need a scale added. Very reasonably priced and quality steel. Good luck 👍🏻

10 hours ago, Ducati said:

If you're looking for something already, cut shaped, heat treated and tempered, you can look through jantzsupply.com

If you want to make one yourself I recommend 3/16" piece of 1084 steel. Very easy to heat treat and temper for a beginner. 

I've been trying to finish up a knife I promised someone a while ago.  Knife making is something I LOVE to do but my family and job just don't allow it anymore. 

Tonight's work;

20181226_193812.jpg

20181226_201946.jpg

20181226_202033.jpg

20181226_202052.jpg

That is BS we come first :shakehead:

🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈

20 hours ago, Ducati said:

Tonight's work;

20181226_193812.jpg

20181226_201946.jpg

20181226_202033.jpg

20181226_202052.jpg

Thank you. I don't want to try to make one out of raw steel right now, maybe eventually after some extensive research of what is needed to do so. I just want to by a premade blank and go from there. I did come across Jantzsupply,  they're one of the companies I messaged  but they never responded. 

18 hours ago, Lou.D said:

@DBuckI have made a bunch of knives from usaknifemaker.com I havent had anything but good success from their pre cut heat treated blanks as well as their raw steel.  Ill have to post a couple pics of thier pre made blanks that just need a scale added. Very reasonably priced and quality steel. Good luck 👍🏻

Thank you. I'll check them out. Please post some pics, I would love to see your work.

23 hours ago, JerseyJaysTaxidermy said:

I pmed Ducati on fb.. I'm sure he will chime in. He has made some nice stuff I've see on fb.

http://www.jerseyjaystaxidermy.com

Thank you for doing that.