IGNORED

Chukars

Finsup1986

13 hours ago, maximus66 said:

Give them some credit???? In 2014 they had a banner year of birds, 55k. They started selling them because they needed to cover the expenses of upgrades being done at Rockport. So they said. Now They talk of closing Rockport and outsourcing now yet how many guys even knew this year birds were bought elsewhere and just raised at Rockport. Talk about mismanagement of funds. As I said previously, this ploy with cheaper chuckers is just a test to see if they could do a 50/50 split. Stamps will in fact go up but chuckers will still be in the mix, mark my words. There is no way they were even stocking the numbers they claimed this year, no fricken way. Just start doing the math of stamp sales, doe permits, extended bow permits, muzzy permits, buck tags then add license sales and tell me they couldn’t manage to do better. But woohoo at least no one lost their job in the process.

Sent via carrier pigeon

Wow-- sounds like it is all about you. Your mad at their decision instead of realizing a worse decision could have been made (not stock at all). You know for a fact the price of stamps are going up next year? Please share the link where this info is found. Just because you did not have a good year does not mean they did not stock the numbers published. I deer a wma even on saturdays and I can tell you from 45 years of hunting this wma---I saw zero difference. But you just have a claim and no evidence. And then "woohoo nobody lost their job in the process"? I would think that is a good thing unless someone only cares about themselves. 

Wow-- sounds like it is all about you. Your mad at their decision instead of realizing a worse decision could have been made (not stock at all). You know for a fact the price of stamps are going up next year? Please share the link where this info is found. Just because you did not have a good year does not mean they did not stock the numbers published. I deer a wma even on saturdays and I can tell you from 45 years of hunting this wma---I saw zero difference. But you just have a claim and no evidence. And then "woohoo nobody lost their job in the process"? I would think that is a good thing unless someone only cares about themselves. 

You’re an idiot, basing anything on what you witnessed deer hunting is laughable at best. You have no clue so i will not even continue to try and have a rational conversation with someone of your ilk

Sent via carrier pigeon

AWM

13 minutes ago, maximus66 said:

You’re an idiot, basing anything on what you witnessed deer hunting is laughable at best. You have no clue so i will not even continue to try and have a rational conversation with someone of your ilk

Sent via carrier pigeon

HAHA-- you are the idiot. I walk past several pheasant hunters every time I go check my cam so yea I know how they did. I also pheasant hunted this area for 30 years before giving it up due to how many bird hunters are as bad at gun safety as the guys that only hunt during 6day and have their safety off before even identifying their target. Also, since I am that close to the action, I hear the shots ringing out. I also saw one or more birds driving through this area each day. Including seeing 10-12 birds just into the safety zone during 6 day this year as well. But since you are all butt hurt I will not bore you with these facts. LOL.

But please I was thinking about buying a pheasant and chukar stamp for next year and would like to know the new cost so please send me that link with the price increase.

Edited by deadonshot2
finished sentence

The new cost is $40 the same it has been for a while I bought my stamp and new all around license last week.
i don’t think they can raise the price until 2020 but that’s my opinion 
on a side note look what I found in my ammo box yesterday.
19EADE9D-07DD-45EA-83E9-BEFA289A22F5.thumb.jpeg.77d910d8ed8380fbde9e405d53930b04.jpeg

That stamp is a cool find bones. You are correct they can’t raise the price immediately it will be as a future (2020 or later) once the impact/cost is established through the new program sought after Rockports closing. If you look at the previous procurement it was to purchase young birds (6” i believe) but still raised at Rockport. I don’t have a copy of the new procurement but i believe it will be for adult birds supplied and i would assume stocked by F&G personnel. Not sure as i said but when i get my hands on the new procurement i will post it. None the less the cost in one way or another will be passed on by either stamp cost increase, fewer birds stocked, or the inclusion of cheaper birds like chucker.

Sent via carrier pigeon

AWM

16 hours ago, mazzgolf said:

This is incorrect. You need a stamp. Chukar is a partridge and requires a stamp to hunt them on stocked WMAs. See page 57 of the digest, the row labeled "Pheasant and Partridge" - now look at the "notes" column - "pheasant and quail stamp required on designated areas"... note also the "daily limits" column - it shows the bag limit of 7 for partridge (which is what the state announced in their email as the bag limit for the stocked chukar).

The note tells you to refer to page 55 where it says anyone hunting or possessing "Pheasant or Quail" on designated WMA's must be in possession of a stamp.

2 hours ago, 10deer said:

chukars are raised on wire pens off he ground these birds are only going to live 2 days  before they die/   did anybody shoot one from any of the dog training areas when the season started?

There is one that's been at my gun club since 2nd week of small game..  another club stocked it and it wondered over still there