IGNORED

Chukars

Finsup1986

22 hours ago, Mink said:

It's not what we paid for! 

I am becoming more and more unhappy with fish and game every year.  Their trout stocking went downhill when they quit putting in brook and brown trout.  Now they're putting out chukars a lot of guys don't seem to want.

3 minutes ago, gillripper said:

I am becoming more and more unhappy with fish and game every year.  Their trout stocking went downhill when they quit putting in brook and brown trout.  Now they're putting out chukars a lot of guys don't seem to want.

The trout they had no choice...  the chuckars is one time right now i will be upset if it keeps up

I for one would rather see them charge $80-$100 and stock bits to end of February mid March... less than two months of stocking is horrible... too many of us give dogs and love to run them... Chuckar is nice just as a change of pace but not if it will be the new norm... although I've heard rumors that they are thinking of mixing it up next year

I guess they could just have put out a statement and said they ran out of pheasant so there will not be a stocking at all on the 29th. At least they are still doing a stocking day for the bird hunters. I really do think they are seeing how it is received for future stocking. They may feel they need to raise the stamp price if they stick to just pheasant and are looking at alternatives. So, give them some credit. If you are that concerned then go on their site and give the feedback they are asking for.

I guess they could just have put out a statement and said they ran out of pheasant so there will not be a stocking at all on the 29th. At least they are still doing a stocking day for the bird hunters. I really do think they are seeing how it is received for future stocking. They may feel they need to raise the stamp price if they stick to just pheasant and are looking at alternatives. So, give them some credit. If you are that concerned then go on their site and give the feedback they are asking for.

Give them some credit???? In 2014 they had a banner year of birds, 55k. They started selling them because they needed to cover the expenses of upgrades being done at Rockport. So they said. Now They talk of closing Rockport and outsourcing now yet how many guys even knew this year birds were bought elsewhere and just raised at Rockport. Talk about mismanagement of funds. As I said previously, this ploy with cheaper chuckers is just a test to see if they could do a 50/50 split. Stamps will in fact go up but chuckers will still be in the mix, mark my words. There is no way they were even stocking the numbers they claimed this year, no fricken way. Just start doing the math of stamp sales, doe permits, extended bow permits, muzzy permits, buck tags then add license sales and tell me they couldn’t manage to do better. But woohoo at least no one lost their job in the process.

Sent via carrier pigeon

AWM

1 hour ago, Costam07 said:

I for one would rather see them charge $80-$100 and stock bits to end of February mid March... less than two months of stocking is horrible... too many of us give dogs and love to run them... Chuckar is nice just as a change of pace but not if it will be the new norm... although I've heard rumors that they are thinking of mixing it up next year

I would love  to see them stock till March but the state would not go for it the deer hunters  would bitch . 

6 hours ago, Swamp Ranger said:

You don't need a stamp for Chukar.

This is incorrect. You need a stamp. Chukar is a partridge and requires a stamp to hunt them on stocked WMAs. See page 57 of the digest, the row labeled "Pheasant and Partridge" - now look at the "notes" column - "pheasant and quail stamp required on designated areas"... note also the "daily limits" column - it shows the bag limit of 7 for partridge (which is what the state announced in their email as the bag limit for the stocked chukar).