IGNORED

Chukars

Finsup1986

For the abundance of birds this Ive got my limit almost everytime out. This evening before dark the dog and I pick up 2 hen birds in the swamp of Flatbrook Roy. Years ago we used to just walk around and get birds as they were every where. Today marks 32 birds this year taken, however without the dog It might be only 3 or 4..

This is NJ have to realize that this has been a dying state in regards to deer management, trout stocking, and now pheasant.......... I am joining a club in Hampton next year that leases 900 acres that stocks 1,000 pheasant each year, 10 guys and now body hunts during the week.. They also have 200 acres which is off limits just for deer... 

10 hours ago, Mixbaghunter said:

I think like other this is the start of something different. I don't care what they put out as long as the stock the birds at all. If next year they are buying all the birds then they should know how many birds  they can get and at what price .if they have raise the price then do it but they have to stock what they say they are going to.and the allocation program  should go away. 

I would think with the numbers they need to buy, it goes through the bidding process. Last time I checked anything over $10K must go for a bid.

1 hour ago, CatchinDeers243 said:

I wouldn’t buy a stamp if it was a mixture of pheasants and chuckar.

I think a lot of people would feel this way..and the stocking program would cease to exist !

Irish Potato Famine - White Privilege 

13 minutes ago, maximus66 said:

They will be, see my other thread about the RFP from last year. It was for up to $249k for chicks to be raised. Imaging what full grown birds/delivered would be.

Sent via carrier pigeon

Big numbers. No wonder someone finally realized there is a cheaper way to do it.

28 minutes ago, maximus66 said:

They will be, see my other thread about the RFP from last year. It was for up to $249k for chicks to be raised. Imaging what full grown birds/delivered would be.

Sent via carrier pigeon

True, but they are using multiple suppliers.  And as your other post indicates, they put it out for bid as required.